This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
*2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
**To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
***4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.
****AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
*****AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.2.4
• Improves compatibility when sharing to YouTube
Don't use for anything more than light video editing.
I've been a user of this app for years. And when it's working, it's a great and easy to use video editing software, and it can even do some pretty complex stuff once you really get to understand it. However, I have recently been suffering from a problem where, when I'm doing heavier editing on iMovie (multiple audio clips, lots of cuts etc.) everything will go out of sync, and ultimately, ruin the video. This has particularly been a major problem with a project I've been tasked with for media, as it's done this many times and ruined it. Please try to fix it if possible but, for now, I'd say avoid this if you want to do more than light editing, or using the very fun trailer feature.
When I try and move a picture to another place it won’t let me so that means I have to start the trailer I was doing again which was annoying cause I was nearly at the end . I got so frustrated and I didn’t know what to do so I had to take my anger out on this review. What makes it even worse is that it is the first one I did on this device because I had only just downloaded the app three hours ago so that was why I got so angry . If it wasn’t for that I would of given it five stars. Oh and another thing: on trailers make sure in your next update put in more backgrounds for when it says the company that it is done by
I hope you take this into consider if you do you should make more apps like this one because it is pretty cool😎
This app is brilliant, my brother got it and we did trailers and I loved it so I'm getting it and you can also do movies. The trailers can either be short or long, depending on which genre you pick. To improve this app I would add a better tutorial. I recommend this app to everyone because it's brilliant once you figure out how to work it. Apart from that everything works like a dream and you can do any trailer/movie you like but the only limit of is your imagination. I deeply recommend this amazing app
PS: you can do as many trailers/ movies as you like, as long as you have enough storage.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 05 September 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 699 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2013-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.