With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the fullscreen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips directly in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
• Connect an external display to your iPad or iPhone and choose to mirror the iPad display or preview your video full screen while you edit* — with support for uncompressed 4K video output on iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
• Resolves issues that could cause video distortion when editing a vertical video clip with the iMovie edit extension in the Photos app
• Addresses an issue that could prevent sharing videos through a mobile connection on iPhone or iPad
• Improves stability including an issue which could occur after adding speed change effects to clips in your movie
* Fullscreen video preview while editing requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
Ratings and Reviews
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love making Gacha videos on this. It’s very useful and can be accessed without internet. But there’s two things that bug me a lot.
1. When a song is DM protected: I hate this because I accidentally put 2 of the same songs in my playlist and one of that song is DM protected and another isn’t! I would really like to put in some more songs that might actually fit the theme of my video. So, if you can, please try your best to fix this
2. Ken Burns, transitions and speed: When you do Ken Burns and Transitions, please please please make an option to turn all of them off and same with the transitions. It’s really tiring having to scroll through everything. And speed, why is it not available for IPad 😩😫!? Do you know how much better my gacha videos would be without having to stare at someone saying ‘Yes,’ or ‘No,’ for five incredibly long seconds. I know it doesn’t sound too bad but I don’t know what’s wrong with adding speed to the IOS version!
THIS APP IS INCREDIBLE!!! It is a fun and easy app and I have been using it for ages and it does just what I want it to do. Especially because it is on an iPhone or any IOS. It gives you free sound effects and music. You can add audio, overlays, split screen and so much more. Some of you have been complaining how you can’t put more than 2 videos over each other. If you want to do that then save your 2 clips to your camera roll than create a new iMovie and add that video that you just created and add another clip other it. Repeat this method until your desire. The other good thing about this app is the fact that you don’t need any wifi. Not only can you create movies, but trailers, were there is a wide range of templates you can use. Also, if you are lucky iMovie may be already installed on your iPhone. I definitely recommend this app.
Why can’t I just get a good video editing app?
Don’t get me wrong IMovie is good enough with trailers and movies too but it really annoys me sometimes. For example, I can’t even move a piece of audio the video is longer than the audio so surely it would be able to move? But no. Also, it glitches when you have more than 9 recordings. 9 recordings is the max (I had to find out the hard way) but it let me record more they just didn’t save. Also, when I recorded more recordings it messed up my previous ones so I had timed videos and audio so it was perfect and one extra recording ruins all my hard work. I mean, its not an expensive app but I think the quality should be better. Something else is that when you record videos for a movie or trailer and delete them from your camera roll, you can’t access that movie or trailer anymore! This is just a bit annoying. Please fix these issues and please recommend another video editing app to use that will actually work.
- Apple Distribution International
- 690.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.