Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
*2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
**To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
***4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.
****AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
*****AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
• Resolves a stability issue when using Display Zoom on iPad Pro
• Stability improvements
Glitches & new update
The editing in general is amazing and works wonders, with the transitions and putting videos together and exporting.
There's also some glitches that whenever I'm making an edit then I close the app, I go back on after about five minutes and all the clips have been extended by about 1 minute. This concludes for me having to waste time shortening the clips so it fits with the audio; this takes up a lot of time and I also have to delete some scenes due to this, as if the scenes have moved around by themselves.
Thing is, what's with this new update? I'm not sure if it was always like this, but now all the scenes have shortened (display) and it's much harder to adjust the time; when I lengthen or shorten the clip, it goes up by 2 milliseconds instead of 1, like it used to. Also due to the shortened clips, this makes it much harder to edit! PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!
Exporting night mare
Got the iPad Pro for quick edits on the move.... Great app if you don't need to deal with movies longer than 15minutes... The only way to get those videos of is by using mail drop... Every other method is limited to 15 minutes(iCloud Drive/YouTube upload/iTunes backup not a great idea) iTunes unti-piracy limited in iTunes means even movies I have made myself can't be directly exported...
Spend a longtime editing a movie...when it's time to export, if you have an error exporting...that's it, you have to start again... Visited Apple Store 7 times before I figured it out myself...
I'll steal say it's a great app. If only it allowed more than 4 streams of audio and video on 1 timeline whe you have picture in picture...
This is a great app however it could be improved in many ways. For one, the addition of strobe lighting would greatly help me edit videos so they match the beat and I know I have many friends who have said the same thing. Also, please bring back the feature which meant you could crop videos by 0.1 seconds, also it would greatly help if you could crop videos to 0.1 seconds in length. These are the main improvements that must be made, however the addition of some new transitions or being able to filter/colour videos to your own liking would be greatly appreciated too.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 20 April 2016
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 647 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.