Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
*2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
**To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
***4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.
****AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
*****AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
• Start projects quickly by selecting multiple photos and videos
• Share to Facebook and Vimeo using the standard iOS share interface
• Support for Shared iPad in iOS 9.3 or later
• Stability and performance improvements
NEEDS MORE THEME MUSIC and theme music needs to be longer than a minute
This app is great for editing on the go on any apple product but if I had to say something that needs to improve is the choice of theme music that you can use actually use through the app there is not many to choose from and the ones that the app does have are very short longest one is just over 1 minutes so if u want music playing in the back ground of a video that is 4 minutes long you are forced to ether have 4 different types of music which some of them just don't work well together or just have the same song on repeat which just makes it very repetitive and ruins all your hard work that you have done to make the video is let down but such a small thing that can easily be fix so if iMovie can just add more music this app would be perfect.
The app is amazing, I use it almost every day. I can edit and upload videos at 1080p at 60fps! However, I am used to clicking the camera button at the bottom of the screen to record and it's getting annoying that I have to click on more buttons to access the camera, can you please return the camera button to the bottom of the project next to the settings button when nothing is selected? It would make it a lot easier to access again, thanks!
It's crashed TWICE!!
The app is great initially for editing videos and stuff. However it has crashed twice when I haven't finished editing a video I started so it had all been undone. The first time it crashed I had filmed a little from within the app itself so I lost that footage because I had to delete it and reinstall. I now don't want to delete the app because I'll loose my work again! It won't open up anymore, it crashes before it has the opportunity. Just a waiting game now, fix this please Apple!! I want to finish my movie!!!!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 28 July 2016
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 595 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.