Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Make every video more memorable
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips in the Photos app
• Add a video filter, animated title and soundtrack to any clip
• Instantly save new video clips to your photo library
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful HD movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Fine-tune your soundtrack with audio controls including trim, split, duplicate and fade
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with posters as you share clips, trailers and movies
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy iMovie Theater on your HDTV with Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Publish to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and CNN iReport
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop**
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV***
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
*** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
• Addresses an issue in which portrait photos may be cropped incorrectly when added to a project
• Updates compatibility with sharing to YouTube
Good, but ....
Haven't had the crash problems others have mentioned. All of my projects load and export well enough. There arena few gripes though.
1) To copy a project (eg for making an alternative version) you have to export to and back from iTunes. This would be an issue when there's no internet connection. Should be a simple copy and rename option as with other native iOS apps (like Pages).
2) The Ken Burns effect works well enough but it cannot be disabled and is very hard UK control. Try keeping a still, still! A simple option switch can't be that hard to add to the UI, can it?
3) The titles are good but there should be separate options for selecting the effect and the font. There doesn't seem to be an option for changing the font colour either. It's white, which is fine unless your image is mainly white and you don't want to change it.
Given that it is free with the iPhone 5 series and upwards plus the later iPads, it's not bad but I'm not sure I would pay for it given the above limitations.
I wish 0 stars was an option. :(
To be honest with you, it's a pretty rubbish app. You need to download videos (unless you have them already on phone) and you need to keep all these videos and you can't delete them so your storage level goes sky high. And then when you have actually make to video you have an opinion to save to your photos (at this point you still can't delete the photos!) so you can pick what type of video you want like HD, 350f ect...but your have so much videos on your phone that you can only
A) delete some apps
B) delete some videos/photos (not the ones you used in the movie)
C) delete iMovie altogether
So you only have the option to pick the lowest quality video option and if you are lucky I will download to your photos. But when you actually listen to it, the movies music sounds like a foghorn. And at this point you may have deleted the videos/pictures you used to save some space and then you regret it because when you go back and try to fix it...it says that the clips have been deleted.
My advice: don't download, unless you want to rip your hair out in rage.
When I downloaded this app I really enjoyed the software of it and the background music and everything it was all so lovely. However, when I went to make my second cut I pressed record and it told me I didn't have enough storage. I thought it a bit strange at first as I had 1.1gb of storage before I downloaded the app but when I went to check my storage level I had about 330mb left! That's because the app = !640mb! 1 deleted scene = !50mb! 2 minute long video = !100mb! So all together , essentially you would be using 790mb for a 2 minute long video with 1 outtake and a few cuts which shouldn't really affect anything!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 30 April 2015
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 647 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013-2014 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.