Impaktor - The drum synthesizer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* "Without doubt the most powerful and genuinely useful percussion app on the App Store right now" Computer Music
* Reached the #1 paid music app in 5 countries
* SonicTouch (www.sonicstate.com) gold award
Impaktor is a drum synthesizer with a vast sonic palette, that turns any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
You just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
Enjoy the most realistic virtual drumming experience available for mobile devices!
* Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4th gen and all iPads
* The app requires headphones. Works best with headphones without built-in microphone.
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
- No samples used
- Ultra low latency
- 6 tracks audio recorder
- True 3d panning
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
- Reverb and Delay effects
- Audio-copy and wave export
What's New in Version 1.3
- Support for AudioBus 2 and Inter-app-audio
- iOS8 compatible
Brilliant but abandoned (circa 2014)!
Impaktor is a classic physical modelling percussion synthesiser that is capable of producing a broad range of sounds and thus has massive sonic potential. Sadly it's been abandoned for 3 years now (like all the developers software) a fact that many people don't seem to yet grasp (asking about updates etc)! Probably because it was loved by so many and it's always sad to see something special, become obsolete. Unfortunately the developer left iOS for windows (creating a VST version of his equally beloved 'Sunrizer' synthesiser) but it still works (with some bugs apparent) but has been left until it doesn't sadly as is the iOS way of treating consumers. It's high time Apple removed abandoned software from the App Store to increase the quality and perception of what is available; but this was still brilliant in its day!
I love this app!!!!
It's more versatile than the most versatile thing you can think of.
Latency issues on Air 2
Very bad latency on my Air 2, which defeats the point of the app. Tried all the settings without improvement. I have a lot of music apps installed and this is the only one with this issue.
Unusable for me in its current form.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 24 September 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jaroslaw Jacek
- © 2012 BeepStreet
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.