Impaktor - The drum synthesizer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Reached the #1 paid music app in 5 countries
* SonicTouch (www.sonicstate.com) gold award
* "Without doubt the most powerful and genuinely useful percussion app on the App Store right now" Computer Music
Impaktor is a drum synthesizer with a vast sonic palette, that turns any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
You just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
Enjoy the most realistic virtual drumming experience available for mobile devices!
* Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4th gen and all iPads
* The app requires headphones. Works best with headphones without built-in microphone.
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
- No samples used
- Ultra low latency
- 6 tracks audio recorder
- True 3d panning
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
- Reverb and Delay effects
- Audio-copy and wave export
What's New in Version 1.2
· Introducing Audiobus support: stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
· DropBox sharing
· Configurable latency: from 128 to 512 frames
· Configurable number of loops to bounce
· Tap tempo
· Bug fixes and performance improvements
Really nice drum synth with paste buffer export and audiobus support
It's a sort of looper, with six tracks. You can record onto each track by playing the drum synth, your inputs are quantised (if you want) and recorded into that track. Each track can be between 4 and 32 sixteen beat bars long. You can overdub and clear individual tracks, but no editing beyond that.. it keeps things nice, quick and simple. Tracks have separate volume, reverb and delay levels sharing the same reverb and delay effect.
The drum synth itself is triggered by the mic so clapping, tapping and anything in between can be used to play it. It sounds very alive as the volume and accent of the sound is affected by the way you play. The synth engine is tweekable and makes a lovely sound.. I haven't figured out much about it but it is flexible as the range of preset sounds attest to.
Tracks can be copied to the paste buffer then pasted into other apps, i've tried this with garage band and it works well, there's also audiobus support.
If you're into this sort of thing you'll love it, I think it's a bargain.
Absolutely incredible app. Picks up taps and bangs played by the hands on a table and translates it perfectly into sounds. All velocity controlled by how hard you hit. Really really powerful instrument. You can record within the app then send to another program say on a laptop for production giving for natural sounding rhythms you would never get through a drum machine. Ridiculous, can't believe I've only just come across this. Well chuffed! Look forward to more apps by these guys
...i forgot to write a review. This in some ways is better then the wavedrum especially for its hugely editable sound engine. When you play it on the table it is fun. When you plug a piezo pick up, drum epad or contact mic it becomes a serious live tool. The built in multitracker is great for layering grooves but midi sync to use with other apps would take it to another level. Cheers beepstreet. Dzięki.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 08 April 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jaroslaw Jacek
- © 2012 BeepStreet
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.