iMPC Pro 2 fuses innovative song creation with the iconic MPC workflow. iMPC Pro gave us a powerful sampler and beatmaker, and now iMPC Pro 2 has evolved into a full fledged song creation tool with the addition of vocal tracks, Audio Units integration, a sleek new design and tons of new features!
Within the audio tracks, you can time warp, pitch shift, and rearrange your audio clips in real time. The sophistication of real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and sleek interface. You can choose from multiple input sources to record, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces, and IAA. Import existing projects from iMPC Pro and add your vocal tracks easily.
AUDIO UNIT TRACKS:
You can now load any Audio Units instrument into an Audio Unit Track! Control your AU instrument with a classic piano keyboard interface and an iMPC interface with note variation, Flux Link, Note Repeat, 16 Levels, and more. The app also features an improvement to the workflow for song creation. Song sequencing is faster, more powerful, and more flexible, so you have complete creative control.
100% NEW SOUND KIT AND MORE:
Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2, these kits cover some of the most iconic and cutting-edge beat genres available, from producers including ADSR, Rawcutz, SampleTools by Cr2, Niche Audio, and Sample Magic. Each kit includes 16 Hi Quality samples featuring sounds from 808’s to melodic hits and stabs, designed for the best user experience possible.
iMPC Pro 2 also comes with 5 additional Sound Packs for FREE (valued at $35). Grab these packs in the AudioCopy Content Store: Essential Club Collection, Classic Cuts, Dub 2 DnB, Melodic Collection, and The Diploma! You can use them in hundreds of AudioCopy compatible apps (including iMPC and iMPC Pro).
Unlock producer secrets and learn how to become a full fledged song creator with this tutorial series. iMPCU unlocks one course per day and gives you the tools you need to take your music to the next level. Fun for both new and experienced users, iMPC Pro 2 offers an expansive dive into the world of beatmaking and song editing through these courses. We’re excited for you to try it!
- Record from built in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, instruments, etc.
- Record from Inter App Audio Apps
- Warp Tracks and Clips to match tempo
- Access several quick editing features on Audio Clips (Pitch shift, Time Stretch, Amplify, Crop, Split, Duplicate)
- Drag to arrange Audio Clips, snap them to an adjustable grid setting
- Advanced waveform editing
- Audio Unit tweak mode with full keyboard support (including 2 dozen scale modes from Chromatic to Blues to Aeolian)
- 100% New Sound Set, with 5 additional free Sound Packs
- Sample sounds from Spotify
- 64 Track Mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange, and one Inter App Audio Effect)
- Chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
- Tracks View shows an overview of all the tracks in your song
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note - 1/32T timing with latch
- IAA and Ableton Link support
- Share beats and songs seamlessly to YouTube
- 4 Mute Groups and custom-designed envelope filters for all pads
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste support
- Improved integration and support for iMPC Pro Packs and other Sound Packs from the AudioCopy Content Store
- Expert MIDI support including expanded options, multiple maps, and more
- Extensive undo/redo capabilities
- New Song Arrangement workflow and integrated Song Mode makes song creation easier than ever
- Drag entire Folders and Sound Packs directly to pads to load many sounds at once
New in this version of iMPC Pro 2:
- Support for recording from 4+ channel audio devices
- Users can move tracks in the Tracks view by holding and dragging
- Samples can be converted to mono in the sample editor (Mono Left, Mono Right, Mono Mix)
- Audio Units now have editable parameters (works like the CC editor in Tracks -> Params)
- Tracks can be deleted from the middle, not just repurposed
- Users can switch Spotify accounts more easily
- Programs may be dragged to pads from the sound library
- Many bug fixes (crashes, quirks zapped)
If you are happy with this update, please leave us a review! Need help? Email us at email@example.com. :)
Ratings and Reviews
Just please stop being stubborn
Every other music creation app on my iPad can access files through the document picker.
But not iMPC pro 2.
Retronyms seems to deliberately want to make using our own sounds and loops as hard as possible. Yet purchasing their own content is as easy as can be.
All this does in the long term is generate bad feeling amongst iMPC pro’s users.
I get the need to generate turnover with in app purchases but to be so blatant in the way users are steered into that course of action is so disingenuous that it becomes boring.
Plenty of other apps use the same same business model but are able to to make it easy to import your own sounds. Take any app by Novation as an example. Their apps make full use of iOS 11s document picker and allow the bulk import of users sounds
quickly and easily.
As a result I make the occasional purchase of their own content as well.
I do this because I don’t feel totally dissed as a user who dares to want to be responsible for every sound and loop used.
Retronyms, it seems, hate the idea of their users creating their own building blocks for their own original creations.
It’s a shame because iMPC 2 pro has the potential to be a quick, lightweight, groove box. It has an excellent working interface that can be inspiring to work with. But please, just let us get to our sounds just as quickly in order to maintain our inspiration.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry we haven't implemented the document picker for iMPC Pro 2. It isn't our intention to make our users' creative process frustrating. I'll be sure to let our developers know this is in high demand as it improves workflow. Many of our users use the file sharing feature to move their own sounds over seamlessly. This can be very convenient because you can move a ton of sounds at once, but I still understand the need for moving files without a computer. If you have additional questions please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. -Niki (:
The MPC iOS has been waiting for
This software MPC does what it does well and I can’t really fault it. Since the last maintenance update it seems to run smoothly and I’ve had no crashes. I like the design and layout; everything is logical and straight forward, which is important as it doesn’t detract from the creative flow. I feel like this is an app where I could really get things done. My only real gripe is the lack of support for AU effects, which at this stage of the game is a glaring omission, and the reason that I’ve removed one star from the review. I’ve also removed another star for purposely making it more difficult to import my own samples.
This app has evolved through several generations to the current pro 2 version and it is slick. Yes, we still wish for more app integration such as open in, AudioShare and even Retronym’s (dev) TableTop. This would allow many more possibilities for an already well designed app.
The new graphics are awesome, as is the free to download content. Overall really good but a few tweaks here and there would make it so much better.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.