By Imray Laurie Norie and Wilson Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Book app based on Imray’s acclaimed marine pilot guides and almanacs. Plan your sailing in advance and whilst at sea.
Optimised for use on iPad.
Buy areas as in-app purchases.
Download the free Imray Nautical Guide To In-app Purchases which gives more detail on the geographical areas covered and how to use the in-apps, plus the Imray charts and books catalogue 2015.
IN-APP PURCHASES FEATURE:
- Comprehensive pilotage information extracted from current editions of pilot books and almanacs by Imray authors
- Navigational and passage notes plus detail on history, food and drink, places to interest on the coast and inland
- High quality harbour plans which zoom and enlarge based on official Hydrographic Office data and field research
- Inspirational and practical photographs including many views from the sea and air
- Coastal radio and VHF data
- Planning information and distance tables
- Tidal data
- Weather information
- Live links to external websites when online
- Bookmark, make and save notes on each page
- Share pages by email and social media
- Send pages to print
- Produced in partnership with organisations including the RCC Pilotage Foundation and the Cruising Association
IN-APP PURCHASES NOW AVAILABLE:
Imray Mediterranean Almanac 2015-16
Lucinda Heikell, consultant editor Rod Heikell
1. West Mediterranean (Gibraltar, Spain, France, Monaco, Corsica, Algeria, Morocco, Atlantic Islands)
2. Central Mediterranean (Italy, Sardinia, Sicily, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Malta, Tunisia)
3. East Mediterranean (Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Libya)
RCC Pilotage Foundation/Andrew O'Grady
1. Chile North: Arica to Golfo de Penas including Isla de Pascua and Islas Juan Fernandez
2. Chile South: Golfo de Penas to Cape Horn
Cruising Almanac 2016
Compiled by the Cruising Association and Imray
1. England South Coast
2. North Sea West
3. France North Coast, Channel Islands and European Inland Waterways
4. West Coast
6. North Sea East
7. Atlantic France, Spain and Portugal
Ionian: Rod and Lucinda Heikell
1. Corfu and nearby islands
2. Mainland Greece – Pagania to Preveza
3. The Inland Sea
4. Mainland Greece – Levkas Canal to Mesolongion
5. The southern Ionian
Isles of Scilly: RCC Pilotage Foundation/Graham Adam
Imray is the leading publisher of nautical charts and books, based in England and with a catalogue of yachting charts that covers Europe, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean complemented by our pilot and navigational books that cover the entire world in extensive detail. Imray is one of the longest-running publishers of sea charts and books, with a history spanning back to the 18th century and is still run today by direct descendants of the founders.
Look out for other apps providing charts and navigational tools in the Marine Navigation Series from Imray and Tucabo.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
We are taking the reported problem about crashing in-app purchases very seriously and have removed the affected ones from sale from this app.
Please keep an eye on our website, www.imray.com, for further information about digital pilot books and Almanacs. We are working on an improved series of products.
Please report any further issues to email@example.com.
I Should Have Read The Reviews!!!
Like everyone else, this app keeps crashing after a minute or two's use.
How on earth can a respected name like Imray release an app that fails so badly? What kind of quality control process allows this? And most importantly, what are Imray going to do about it?
Don't buy this app until you see some reviews from existing users that say that the problem has been fixed!
It's only a 1 star because I couldn't give zero. Great idea so badly executed it's unusable. Crashes randomly for no reason. I guess this shows even big names like Imray can screw things up or just not care. A shame because having all the pilot books on your tablet is an excellent idea.
Like others I should have read the previous reviews. The app crashes after just a few seconds and I've tried it on a couple of iPads and an iPad mini. This is a serious problem for a previously respected company.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 17 April 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese
- Developer: Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson Limited
- © Imray Laurie Norie and Wilson Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ionian: 3. The Inland Sea£4.49
- CA2015: England South Coast£12.99
- Ionian: 1. Corfu and nearby islands£4.49
- Cruising Almanac 2016: England South Coast£12.99
- Cruising Almanac 2015: Atlantic France, Spain and Portugal£12.99
- RCCPF Isles of Scilly£10.49
- Cruising Almanac 2016: Atlantic France, Spain and Portugal£12.99
- Cruising Almanac 2015: West Coast£12.99
- Cruising Almanac 2015: N France, Channel Islands, European Inland Waterways£12.99
- Cruising Almanac 2015: North Sea West£12.99