The Incomplete Map of the Cosmic Genome
By Trunkman Productions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
In the words of Richard Feynman, ‘We are matter with curiosity.’
The Incomplete Map of the Cosmic Genome is an App for the interested. A museum of the curious. An interactive science video magazine hosted by Sony Award winner and co-host of The Infinite Monkey Cage, Robin Ince and featuring some of the biggest names in science and entertainment.
This FREE version offers you a free sample issue containing just a small variety of what's contained within Cosmic Genome such as exclusive video interviews with the likes of Robin Ince, Professor Brian Cox, Josie Long and Professor Alice Roberts as well as episodes of regular series such as Science School and Chaos of Delight.
Subscribers will receive all new issues and content as soon as it's released as well as full access to the entire archive and back catalogue which includes over 100 different people and tens of hours of exclusive footage, updated regularly.
Cosmic Genome is a rare chance to watch and listen to some of the greatest minds that see the fascination in the big and the small - from stellar nurseries to earthworms. Their curiosity is contagious.
Designed to be easily accessible, entertaining, informative, amusing and understandable whether you're studying for your PhD or even if you’ve not picked up a science book since leaving school. Cosmic Genome covers all the sciences and is constantly updating, expanding and evolving with new ideas, people, theories, interviews, explanations and videos of science’s most recent endeavours. It’s like an interactive magazine-documentary-TV show all in one.
We hope you enjoy the free content and then dive into the full Cosmic Genome experience with a subscription package. We are creatures with the most complex thing in the known Universe housed in our skull, so why not make use of it...
A browser based version is also available at www.cosmicgenome.com
PLEASE NOTE: An internet connection may be required for some of the app's features including downloading back issues. When you purchase a subscription it may take a little while to download the large quantity of back catalogue content.
A subscription gets you:
* Access to all new content (Profiles, Special Topics etc) that updates automatically in the app as soon as it is released.
* Ability to stream and download all video content.
* Bonus Stuff and Offers EXCLUSIVE to the iPad edition.
For full App and Subscription details please visit www.cosmicgenome.com.
The terms of subscription are:
3 months: £3.99 / €5.49 / US$6.99 / AU$8.99
6 months: £5.99 / €7.99 / US$9.99 / AU$12.99
12 months: £9.99 / €13.99 / US$16.99 / AU$19.99
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription or upgrade to version 1.3
• Subscriptions are In App purchases
• Subscription to the browser version are NOT transferable to the iPad edition and vice versa.
What's New in Version 2.0
The Incomplete Map of the Cosmic Genome 2.0 is a major update and gives your app a whole new look! Features of 2.0 include:
* All new intro video from Robin Ince exclusive to iPad
* "The Primordial Ooze of Profiles" is a new way to navigate through the vast content within Cosmic Genome. Gone is the periodic table and now you'll see all the profiles floating through the ooze.
* Colour coding - All the Profiles in the ooze are now in colour coded cells so it's much easier to seek out a physicist or a biologist or whoever you're after!
* Issues - All new profiles and Special Topics are arranged by issues so it's now super easy to find the latest content.
* Special Topics Indicator - Each issue row also has a Special Topics button so you'll be able to see what new Special Topics films and episodes have been added.
* Download indicator - If the Cosmic Genome logo in the top left is spinning, that means your App is downloading new content.
I'd hoped that this would have improved after the update. Nope.
Be warned- you can subscribe but then nothing will download. You will have ended up paying for just seeing the videos that are already on there.
Having emailed support before, they responded saying it needs to be open to download the files.
There is no indicator to show that videos are downloading or connecting and even leaving the app up and running for a few hours nothing takes place.
Might be wiser to use the web subscription if you really want to see the content.
Well worth it, archive is huge and updates are pretty regular with interesting new stuff. Also lots of Brian Cox so can’t complain!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 22 November 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 732 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Trunkman Productions Limited
- © 2014 Robin Ince and Trunkman Productions.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- the Incomplete Map of the Cosmic Genome£9.99
- the Incomplete Map of the Cosmic Genome£4.49
- the Incomplete Map of the Cosmic Genome£7.99