The Induction app is currently used, loved and maintained by over 72,000 healthcare professionals per month all over the world. We also have the honour of being the most used app in the UK's National Health Service.
The Induction app's core features include:
- Compatibility with any hospital in any country in the world.
- View and share with other professionals the phone extensions and pager numbers for the hospital(s) where you work.
- If enabled, and uploaded by your hospital, view and download local guidelines, and store them for offline access.
- Quick dial hospital extensions directory from your phone, or just see who pages you by entering the extension into the quick dialler.
- Create your own private list of numbers, as well as any secure codes that you need in your day-to-day work (these are never shared with other users).
- Maintain a list of favourite numbers for easy access in emergencies.
- Quick switch between your favourite hospitals, if you unlucky enough to have to work in more than one!
- View the same data in the your app via our new fully responsive web application.
- Full offline compatibility.
- Create your own account to backup and personalise your data and experience.
- Data encryption to healthcare standards at both rest and in motion.
- Viewing a list of guidelines should be easier on the eyes
- Various under-the-hood improvements
Ratings and Reviews
As a medical student, moving round hospitals every 5 weeks means all the contacts and bleep numbers you have get wiped whenever you change.
Induction has been really useful for getting hold of people I need to find or even for ward rounds, helping out the doctors when they don’t know the numbers for departments/specialists. It’s so good for getting you out of a hole in a hurry when you’re in an unfamiliar hospital.
Would thoroughly recommend it for anybody in the clinical setting.
Needs internet connection to log in
Since the update where you have to create an account to use the app, it keeps on logging me out. It requires an internet connection to log back in & there are some bits of my hospital where I have no reception so it’s quite frustrating.
Any chance of stopping the app logging you out?
It would definitely have been a 5⭐️ before this issue! Really handy and has saved me loooootttts of time on hold waiting for switchboard.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. Yes, we are currently working on a new version which should solve this problem. it should be released very soon.
This is a very useful app, I only found out about this yesterday in work and it is very efficient. Working in a hospital looking for numbers is a nightmare but with this app it’s fantastic. Thank you app developers 💯
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, Sean! We hope it saves you some time in return 😊👍🏻
- Podmedics Limited
- 26.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Podmedics Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.