By Taptrix, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Inkpad is an open-source vector illustration app. It was designed from scratch for the iPad. It supports paths, compound paths, text, images, groups, masks, gradient fills, and an unlimited number of layers.
Inkpad was designed with performance in mind – it can easily handle drawings with hundreds to thousands of shapes without bogging down. Export your finished illustrations directly to your Dropbox as SVG or PDF.
• Very high performance. Select, scale and rotate hundreds of objects with zero lag.
• Create arbitrary bezier paths with the Pen tool.
• Create compound paths, masks and groups.
• Create text objects.
• Place photos from your albums.
• Boolean operators on paths (Unite, Intersect, Exclude, Subtract Front)
• Powerful scale and rotate tools.
• Gradient fills with interactive editing on canvas.
• Arbitrary stroke dash patterns.
• Swatch library.
• Unlimited layers per drawing.
• Rename, rearrange, delete, hide and lock layers.
• Adjust layer transparency.
• Snap to grid, points, and path edges.
• Isolate the active layer for easy editing.
• Email drawings as SVG, PDF, PNG and JPEG.
• Send SVG, PDF, PNG, and JPEG directly to your Dropbox.
Get the source code and contribute: https://github.com/sprang/Inkpad
What's New in Version 1.6
- Added dynamic alignment guides (“Smart” guides)
- Added Openclipart.org import
- Added a delete button to the tool palette
- Increased maximum drawing dimension to 16000 pts
- Increased maximum grid spacing to 8000 pts
- Increased maximum stroke width to 300 pts
- Increased maximum allowed resolution of pasted or imported images (now 4096x4096)
- Fixed crash that occurred at launch if there were no drawings
- Other bug fixes and tweaks
- New localizations: German, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese
- Detailed change list: https://github.com/sprang/Inkpad/blob/develop/CHANGELOG
If you like Inkpad, positive reviews on the App Store are always appreciated.
Don't see your language? Found an error in a translation? Why not volunteer to help out? Programming experience is not required.
This update includes contributions by:
Oscar Rysdyk / Bug fix + Many bug reports
Henry Wagler / German
Delfim Rodrigues / Portuguese
Pedro Lovisoto / Brazilian Portuguese
Juan Casares / Spanish
Ale Muñoz / Spanish
Carlo Gandolfi / Italian
Yannick Loriot / French
The Real Illustrator!
How is it, that something as wonderful as this can be created but yet Adobe still struggle to rebuild Illustrator for the iPad? (Even iDraw pales against this)
I've looked everywhere for a vector drawing app and this little app does so much with such simplicity.
Illustrator was my app of choice for the PC but now I have Inkpad, Illustrator is now redundant.
The simple functions of Inkpad still allows for greater creativity, especially in finding better ways to design things. There is so much scope. And above all, it's FREE!
Only one thing I would really want as an update is folders for layers. It gets a bit messy with so many layers and I don't like combining in case I need them separated again. A folders option would round this app off perfectly!
Can't believe this app is free. Brilliant for basic vector design. Not had too long to play with this but so far I'm loving it. Just needs a paint bucket tool (there might be one somewhere but I didn't see one). I'm sure it will continue to improve. Would be great to open AI files though, even with limited functions and layers available. Keep it up inkpad
Adobe sent to the dustbin of history ;-)
Not sure why there are a lack of reviews - loving this app - now if we can just wean ourselves of the rest of the Adobe Vested Interest Cloud, we can remind them they are a TOOL not the standard, and that it's the results the matter :-)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 08 March 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Developer: Taptrix, Inc.
- © 2011-2014 Steve Sprang
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.