Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
Test all features free for 7 days.
***Featured as Best New App in US App Store for Navigation***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require in-app purchase--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in US, Canada, UK, and Germany)
• Optimise waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
The following are available after in-app purchase:
- Add more than 5 places per route, weather and elevation charts/custom routes, voice navigation, iCloud sync, export, layovers, advanced route search
- For additional details, see the in-app Upgrades screen
Two purchase levels. Test 7 days for free.
1) inRoute Pro: £3.99 monthly, or £29.49 annually. Create routes with up to 150 locations and access all services.
2) inRoute Premium: £14.99 one-time purchase. Create routes with up to 25 locations and access all services.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
- Minor bug fixes affecting emailing pins and weather alerts
• Draw Mode options now include setting Layovers and Vias (silent waypoints)
• Via pins now semi-transparent to allow a better view of the underlying route
• Those traveling at a faster pace can improve travel time estimates by increasing default road speeds by 5-20% in Settings.
• For routes with layovers, both the total route time and the time excluding stops (moving time) are shown under the map's List icon
• Navigation interface improvements
- Tap on the time/distance estimates to speak details about next arrival
- Tap and hold the Speech button to mute/unmute voice directions
- Moved the "End" button to the bottom toolbar for easier access, and North-up/Track-up mode to the map's location icon
• Added a confirmation dialog when removing a pin that has had notes entered
Ratings and Reviews
Really really worth it
I have been looking for a navigation app like this for years and it’s taken for me to become self employed to find it.
A rough guide for people thinking “oh is this right for me?”
Let’s say you are starting a road trip, you have several places you want to call en route, and you have a fixed point as a destination eg a hotel. You can put the en route points as waypoints and then optimise your route so that you are not tooing and frowing between destinations, it’s brilliant.
All I would like to see in an update, if it’s not there already is to incorporate traffic like google maps does.
Apart from that, brill
Desperately needs “Avoid Motorways”
I’ve been using this app for a few years and it’s very very good. However, the almost magnetic attraction of motorways drives me crazy. The app will route me to a motorway between 2 waypoints to get on for 1 mile before getting off again. I have to use a lot of waypoints just to avoid the route snapping to the motorway.
Developer Response ,
You can show routes avoiding motorways under the map's Route icon (top-left), then Custom Routes, and enable "Avoid Highways" (motorway icon).
When a route avoiding motorways differs from the Fastest route, you’ll see an additional alternate route appear on the map, labeled with that same motorway icon. You can select that route/icon on the map to use a route avoiding motorways for all legs. Or, if you need to avoid motorways only on a certain leg of a route, for example the leg from from waypoint 2 to 3 (and not other legs), you can tap the ALT button on the map pin for waypoint 2 to show all alternates from waypoint 2 to 3, and the same "Avoid Highways" icon will appear on one of its alternates so you can select it for that leg only.
Hope this helps. For quicker answers to any other questions please contact us with the Help button under the map's Info icon, or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Not up with the best, by far
I’ve been using this App for around two weeks now. I have been very disappointed so far for the following reasons:
1. The route is constantly correcting itself. Essentially, taking me in one direction, and then either giving a ‘make a U-Turn’ instruction, or ‘Return to route where possible’. This is irritating.
2. Turn instructions come far too late; system information is laggy.
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 55.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro £3.99
- One-Time Route Planner Premium £4.99
- inRoute Premium £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.