* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
* Featuring top British meditation teachers including Mark Coleman, Mark Williams, Andy Hobson, Bodhipaksa, Tom Evans, Vidyamala Burch and more *
The #1 free meditation app. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness. Guided meditations and talks led by the world’s top mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and meditation teachers from the University of Oxford, Stanford, Harvard and Dartmouth. Music tracks from world-renowned artists.
With 10+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse and follow popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply right now
* Improve sleep quality
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* Meditation for Kids
* Mindful Eating
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Sam Harris, Stanford; author, philosopher, neuroscientist, and podcast host
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Ram Das aka Dr Richard Alpert, Doctorate at Stanford and Harvard University teacher
* Sadhguru, Indian yogi, founder of non-profit Isha Foundation
* Mooji, disciple of Papaji, and devotee of the master Ramana Maharshi
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Meetups in London, and throughout the UK
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - OFFLINE MODE
We have one optional in-app monthly subscription.
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Repeat mode
* Fast forward and Rewind
* Pick-up where you left off
* High Quality audio
The subscription is available for US$2.99/month. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions please send an email email@example.com (not .com).
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/terms
This release includes a new Apple Watch app, support for Siri Shortcuts and optimisation for new iPhones.
Ratings and Reviews
Great resource, if a little overwhelming
This is a great app, especially if you consider that it’s free (except for some additional functionality you can pay for).
Over 9000 guided meditations including lots by some big names like Mark Williams, Tara Brach, Bangor University etc. And great forums for additional support and advice.
My only criticism would be that it’s a little overwhelming if you don’t know what you’re looking for. They’ve left it very open for anyone to post guided meditations and, while I understand and sympathise with their reasons, it can mean that some of the quality is variable and there’s some pretty flaky new age stuff on there.
Generally it works really well for me. I know what I want and can find it, there’s a sense of community with the forums and ability to leave people little “thanks for meditating with me” messages, and I like the stats and journal you can keep.
Update has ruined this wonderful app
I’ve been using this brilliant app several times a week for over 3 years, it was literally my favourite app until I foolishly updated and lost functionality.
The guided meditations are great, they used to upload to the phone then start playing, I’ve never had a problem. It means if your WiFi is sketchy the audio won’t start until it’s loaded the whole thing, which is good because the last thing you want is for it to stop halfway.
I innocently updated it yesterday and now the audio cuts out part way through, presumably because it doesn’t preload anymore.
It’s the worst possible thing when guided meditating to have the audio cut out pulling you out of the meditative state and making you fuss with a smart phone. It means I've lost trust in the app.
I now get notifications that I can pay for a new upgrade but I’ve already paid for this app and it was working great before the update.
Infuriating. Can I have the old version back please? If you need money I’ll happily pay some to get the old one back because it was really good and I’m happy to support that, but I really resent having the functionality degraded in an underhand upgrade and my practice disrupted in order to extract money from me.
Not ok new insight owners.
If you still have the old version don’t update!
UPDATE: reduced to 1 star as it has cut out on me several times mid meditation.
I’ve already paid for the app but you’re now forcing me to pay again. Really disappointed
I'm very sorry you experienced this frustrating audio bug which caused our guided meditations to cut-off midway. The issue has been fixed so hopefully your meditations are back to normal.
We have the largest free library of guided meditations on the planet...almost 10,000 of them. The app is free for everyone. There is a small (and completely optional) subscription for meditators who want to listen to our library offline. I hope this clarifies any confusion.
Christopher, CEO Insight Timer
Everything you need for meditation is here and it's free.
This is a truly wonderful site. There is every type of meditation you could wish to find and new ways of meditating to try out. You will find great teachers and thousands of new gems of inspiration. It is wonderful to know that there are thousands of people around the world from near to far meditating at the same time and many are in your area so you are not alone. Best of all there are 365 meditations one for each day of the year so it will help to motivate you when life takes over. Every week new meditations are there for you to try or you can chose one by one of your favourite teachers and it's all free. Or you can use the timer to time your own silent or favourite meditation or to time your Yoga or Tai chi practice. Enjoy!
- Insight Network Inc
- 145.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation £4.49
- Meditation Course: Single Use £4.99
- Insight Premium Meditation £31.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.