By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
• Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools, and combine multiple clips into one video.
• Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
• Watch stories from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed. View them at your own pace.
• Discover photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts in the Explore tab.
• Send private messages, photos, videos and posts from your feed directly to friends with Instagram Direct.
• Instantly share your posts to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social networks.
• Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 9.6
Now, you can see stories from accounts you don't follow on Explore. Tap to watch stories from accounts you might like. We've also made improvements to make stories even better (and faster).
Fix the dms!
Don't get me wrong, I love Instagram, it's probably my favourite social media app, however, since the recent update, my dms have barely worked. Whether it's single messages disappearing despite receiving a notification, or messages just refusing to send, dms haven't been the same. Dms are one of the best parts of the app in my opinion, and I love how easy it is to send other users posts to one another, or to delete a message if you decided you don't like what you said, but with these bugs, the messaging is no longer fun, and seems like more of a hassle, and is basically pointless. Please fix these issues, the app was working almost perfectly before, however now, the updates are just creating more and more problems each time.
TBH..it's me being nice giving it one start. Without a doubt been my favourite app since it began. I could spend HOURS each day getting lost in profiles and my own feed, but now I feel like I just refresh and see the same things. It's put my right off using the app, albeit I do still upload..probably not as much anymore though. Surely the majority of people using it agree with me here when I say the original format was WAY better. I'd easily scroll way back to the last part of my feed so I was able to see everything that was posted by people I follow. Now it's all just adverts(which I get and don't mind. I scroll past) and photos that I've already seen. Please change it back, it's such a small detail..but would make many users happier and more active.
My photos don't appear under hashtags
As a hobbyist photographer, Instagram remains my favourite social media platform for sharing my photography as it's quick and easy to do so compared to the others that are out there. As of right now my only gripe is that none of my photos appear under the hashtags I select and have no idea why this is. I have reported this problem to Instagram and haven't gotten a response from them. This is very frustrating because it means that others cannot see any of my forthcoming photos unless they are following me. I really hope they resolve this issue soon otherwise I may have to start looking elsewhere to share my photos.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 24 October 2016
- Version: 9.6
- Size: 63.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.