Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 1 billion people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day — the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools and other creative effects. . They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends in the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
* Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover photos, videos and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
The latest version contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
In the great big crowd of social media apps, Instagram continues to stand out for a reason: it makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy and fun. Whether you’re posting breathtaking vacation photos tweaked with one of dozens of cool image filters or a video clip of an insane concert, Instagram’s uncluttered accessibility has kept it at the top of the social-sharing heap.
Not Sending Or Loading Anything
I am connected to strong WiFi, and I decide to scroll through Instagram. I click onto the app and it comes up white and not loading anything. I’ve had the update too, I checked. When it does load the posts and the stories, it’s almost as if it’s a trick. I click on a story and it just does a little loading circle on the screen then stops an doesn’t take me on to the story. If I try to upload a video to my story, it takes around an hour of saying uploading but then when I check again after watching a film or reading my book, it’s just disappeared like they gave up. When I like a post, it turns the love heart red but when I leave the app and come back on it’s white again. Now onto DM’s. I received a photo from my boyfriend and my best friend, I clicked on the one from my boyfriend and it was loading but never came up, like the stories. So I tried the one from my bestfriend, didn’t work. So then people thought I was ignoring them because I could open photos. When someone sent me a message I could open it and see it but if I chose to send one back it would take roughly half an hour to send, by then they could see I’d seen the message and then say I was ignoring them. This has made me lose many friendships because of YOUR fault. Please sort this out otherwise I shall have to resort to another app.
An Insta-hot-mess of an app
One day, some genius at Instagram thought, "well it ain't broke so let's completely mess up a great app that was working perfectly for everyone."
And since I have changed phones and have had to re-login to Instagram, I have been subject to the doom of the non-chronological feed. Why on earth would I want to see things posted from 3 days ago at the top of my feed?? This update is horrendous, non-sensical and goes completely against the logical way to use the app. People want to see things happening in the now, not the before. If the people at Instagram HQ have any sense, they will listen to their customers, small businesses and the like who use the app, not only for their personal stuff, but for their livelihood and give us back our chronological feeds!
UPDATE: Original point about having a non-chronological feed still stand. However I’m experiencing a REALLY annoying bug. When I want to follow back someone who started following me, as soon as I press the button I’m met with an “action blocked” message every time! I constantly report the problem but I never see that anything gets done about it. It’s incredibly frustrating because I have to try multiple times for my follow to not get the error message and actually follow someone successfully! PLEASE FIX!
- Instagram, Inc.
- 162.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2018 Instagram, LLC.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.