By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version v10.0.1
Introducing two more ways to share freely and in the moment.
•Disappearing Photos and Videos in Instagram Direct: Send disappearing photos and videos to friends and groups. Swipe right into the camera to capture, then tap the arrow to send it privately. These updates are available starting today.
•Live stories (coming soon!): Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, your live story disappears. Live stories will be rolling out in the coming weeks.
What's with the out of order feed?
Due to this new 'update' I no longer see from the most recent it's more like a mess of a feed and means I miss out on a lot of people I follow feed and as I occasionally look on Instagram I don't partially have the time to stop and go through every single page individually just to see what people are posting.
I've found if I followed somebody recently only their photos are showing none of the people I have followed for years which is frustrating because I love supporting and seeing their work, it inspires me! It's also annoying going on my feed and seeing photos of the 'after' before the 'before' on some of my feed because that's how some of the people I follow work/ post their work.
Still trying to figure out if it's based on likes or how many followers!?
LISTEN TO YOUR USERS!!
It actually really upsets me, and from what I've seen, a lot of other people, how Instagram keeps making these unnecessary updates when NOBODY and I mean NOBODY wants them. Instagram was popular for its simplicity, but after they added stories, CHANGED CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (which, by the way, many people begged Instagram not to do) and changed the unique, iconic logo to something that looks like a 9 year old designed, we're all really upset. And I think that if Instagram actually listened to its users and people making the posts literally begging them to stop trying to change it/make it over complicated, they'd take how their users feel into consideration. We're all so sick and tired of being ignored and feeling powerless like Instagram is making us feel right now by continuously ignoring us. Please just listen for once!
Great app but weird updates
I seriously enjoy using Instagram and looking at other people's posts but the one thing that I have to try and get used to is the weird updates. Instagram's most recent update has made it a lot more confusing on the DM section, before I was ok with the layout but now I can't get my head around it. It does look like a good thing to do but I myself will bet scratching my chin on what is what. This is probably due to me being incredibly thick but I do think it looks better. So in conclusion I do enjoy the frequent updates but sometimes I just can't get my head round it
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 22 November 2016
- Version: v10.0.1
- Size: 66.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.