By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 400 million people and express yourself by sharing photos and videos from your day––whether it’s your morning routine or the trip of a lifetime.
Use Instagram to:
• Edit and share photos with filters and creative tools to change brightness, contrast and saturation, as well as shadows, highlights, perspective and more.
• Make your videos look cinematic with filters, custom-built stabilization and tools to combine multiple clips into one video.
• Discover photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts in the Explore tab.
• Send private messages, photos, videos and posts from your feed directly to friends with Instagram Direct.
• Instantly share photos and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social networks.
• Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 8.3
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Great connection tool
No platform is perfect and there are a number of annoying restrictions and bugs, and of course the inevitable introduction of ads is a shame (but to be fair has been done fairly carefully). But overall Instagram has been an amazing tool for me connecting with some amazing people who I've collaborated with in a number of ways. Some of which have become friends and I went over to visit them in PNW. There is of course a lot of pretension and horrible false idealistic notions conveyed on Instagram (as mocked brilliantly by socal Barbie) but on the whole, I have found it to be a really positive community of some very genuine, creative and talented people and can be used as a tool for inspiration and encouragement. The latest updates to the private messaging and more flexibility with image format has been a great much needed addition.
It's got a bit rubbish recently
So the new flat UI was a bit of a shock but it's not too bad... Then same functionality was there so that was cool, didn't really bother me much.
Then my timeline started showing items in this new sort order what has annoyed me a bit as I only follow the people I'm interested in and I liked viewing stuff in date order but ok, I guess I'll get use to it.
But now the latest update has removed the ability to scroll through all the photos within a profile one by one. For example, I like following my select few friends and family and seeing that on my timeline everyday, but I also like to see the funny crap that ladbible post.. But only occasionally and not inline with my sisters dog photos. Now, if I go to their profile the option to view their feed on this mode has gone and I have to click into each photo to see it and it kinda makes it a lot of effort.
WHY DO THAT?!
I get that it might be to try and make me use this new timeline mode so all my pictures of interest are in once place but I don't want that. It's not smart enough to work out when I want to see stuff from theladbible instead of my sisters dog and it's not going to be anytime soon.
Why remove good functionally that people liked and only offer a naff replacement. Why not keep both bits until your algorithm can read my mind?
Stop changing things
Instagram has always been my favourite form of social media. It took the best parts of twitter and Facebook and brought them together to make something pretty great. But the recent changes to the feed make no sense to me whatsoever. I haven't seen a single person say they like the new arrangement of posts, I don't care about seeing pictures with the most likes and comments, I just want to see what my friends are posting. Since that is the whole purpose of Instagram I cannot understand what development genius thought this would be a good idea. This is exactly what people hate about other forms of social media, and now it's what we hate about Instagram too. I beg of you, bring back chronological feeds or at least bring us an option to have our feeds displayed as most popular posts OR in chronological order. Give us the choice, at least.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 20 June 2016
- Version: 8.3
- Size: 32.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.