Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 1 billion people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day — the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools and other creative effects. . They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends in the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
* Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover photos, videos and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
We have begun to roll out new tools to help you manage your time on Instagram. Go to profile and tap “Your Activity” in the settings menu.
* Your Activity: See your average time for Instagram on a device. Tap any bar to see your total time for that day.
* Daily Reminder: Set a daily reminder to give yourself an alert when you've reached the amount of time you want to spend for the day.
* Mute Push Notifications: Tap “Notification Settings” and turn on “Mute Push Notifications” to limit your Instagram notifications.
Time on Instagram should be positive, intentional and inspiring. These tools will be available globally in the coming weeks.
Ratings and Reviews
In the great big crowd of social media apps, Instagram continues to stand out for a reason: it makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy and fun. Whether you’re posting breathtaking vacation photos tweaked with one of dozens of cool image filters or a video clip of an insane concert, Instagram’s uncluttered accessibility has kept it at the top of the social-sharing heap.
Not Sending Or Loading Anything
I am connected to strong WiFi, and I decide to scroll through Instagram. I click onto the app and it comes up white and not loading anything. I’ve had the update too, I checked. When it does load the posts and the stories, it’s almost as if it’s a trick. I click on a story and it just does a little loading circle on the screen then stops an doesn’t take me on to the story. If I try to upload a video to my story, it takes around an hour of saying uploading but then when I check again after watching a film or reading my book, it’s just disappeared like they gave up. When I like a post, it turns the love heart red but when I leave the app and come back on it’s white again. Now onto DM’s. I received a photo from my boyfriend and my best friend, I clicked on the one from my boyfriend and it was loading but never came up, like the stories. So I tried the one from my bestfriend, didn’t work. So then people thought I was ignoring them because I could open photos. When someone sent me a message I could open it and see it but if I chose to send one back it would take roughly half an hour to send, by then they could see I’d seen the message and then say I was ignoring them. This has made me lose many friendships because of YOUR fault. Please sort this out otherwise I shall have to resort to another app.
Would just like to say one of the very few things I can fault about IG is the algorithm, at the very least please have it as an option where you can choose to have it in the actual order the posts are or in the current algorithm. It's very very annoying and I believe the whole idea is ridiculous considering the vast majority of instagram users follow individual accounts because they want to see what they post and not always what you would consider the most popular account's posts. It's frustrating seeing posts from friends pop up on my newsfeed that are only being shown to me now despite being posted 4 days ago! No sense to it! It makes it hard to keep up with people, especially if they post frequently and all their posts come up in a random order on my timeline - if at all! Also often instagram shows me many posts in my timeline which i have already seen and even liked and commented on already so it makes it hard to know when I've finished looking through my feed because I don't know whether to stop on posts I've already seen because i know that posts after i may not have seen because if this stupid algorithm.
Please fix, I know you would make so so many users happy if you did
- Instagram, Inc.
- 144.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.