By Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech, which can be controlled via the Apple Watch.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Save to Instapaper from other iOS applications with one tap.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and relax!
- Control text-to-speech right from your Apple Watch.
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
Instapaper Premium Features:
- Full-text search for articles in your account
- Unlimited highlights
- Create text-to-speech playlists
- Send to Kindle functionality
- Use third-party apps that plug into the Instapaper API
- Unlimited speed reading
Instapaper Premium membership is optional, and Premium features are available via an auto-renewing subscription:
- $2.99 per month
- $29.99 per year
Payments will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscription can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Subscriptions cannot be cancelled for the current active period.
What's New in Version 7.2
* We've completely re-written search from the ground up. Search is now located at top of the article list, rather than the side panel menu. Additionally, all users can locally search article titles. Full-text search across all articles is still a Premium-only feature.
* Changed "Return to Position" prompt so it does not cover the title of the article when tapping the status bar to scroll to top.
* Fixed blank Safari issue when opening links.
The best in the long term
For a while I've been using an alternative app but I've come back to Instapaper: the visual appearance of articles is significantly better than the competition, getting articles into the app is easy.
It's a really nice system. It's sad they sold out.
Most used app on my iPhone - it changed the way I read and learn
I've been using Instapaper for years and it is easily the most used app on my iPhone. It's also the only one I regularly recommend to friends without hesitation as it really is a game changer. I can say with certainty that having such a friction-less service to quickly save the articles I want to read, and such a seamless way to access them later, has made me more productive when trying to work and increased the enjoyment and level of learning I get from reading articles that I would have previously just skimmed through.
I can't recommend Instapaper wholeheartedly enough. I would pay 5 times what I did for the app and am glad to see such a talented, independent developer continue to make and improve such a great product.
Regarding the recent splash Readability has made with its "better design":
As a web designer myself I can tell you that design — real design, not just how 'gorgeous' an app looks — is more about the invisible decisions that make something easy to use; where the designer makes the interface or product invisible and you can concentrate on the task at hand. Here Instapaper still comes out on top, despite all you may have heard about competitors' design and typography (again, this is a mid-understood term — a nice font does not make for good typography). Pretty gradients and of-the-moment fonts do not make up for the years of painstaking testing and refinement that have clearly gone into Instapaper. As soon as you start actually using either service, the 'prettiness' of Readability becomes irrelevant and Instapaper's pedigree and sound design decisions make it a much more useful tool in my everyday life.
ps. the web page text parser is the best in the business. I've never had issues with the app not extracting text from complex web pages — my brief testing with other similar apps had problems on the first couple of tries.
- Category: News
- Updated: 28 September 2016
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 55.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
- © 2014 Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Instapaper Premium£2.29
- Optional Subscription (3 months)£2.29
- Optional Subscription (1 year)£8.99
- Optional Subscription£2.29
- Instapaper Premium£22.99
- Optional Subscription£8.99
- Optional Subscription (6 months)£4.49
- Optional Subscription£4.49