Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech, which can be controlled via the Apple Watch.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Save to Instapaper from other iOS applications with one tap.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and relax!
- Control text-to-speech right from your Apple Watch.
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
- Full-text search for articles in your account
* True Black theme for iPhone X devices
* iPad Smart Keyboard shortcuts
* iPad Pro support
* Other minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
does the trick!
exactly what i was looking for! i used to faff around inefficiently saving .pdf files to various folders from online sources, but now i can just save articles instantly for reading at a later date or to the app’s archive. i think i used to have an alternative (maybe pocket) but the interface of whatever it was put me off completely. instapaper, on the other hand, has a neat, clean interface perfectly suited to its purpose i.e. it doesn’t detract from the content, which is obviously the focus. the chrome extension is a great feature and instantaneous! my only reservation so far is: when sorting files in the app there is a filter for how much you have read, but it is based on reading time. so, if you are a fast reader, then it will log an article as unread, then sort accordingly. maybe i just haven’t worked it out yet, but it hasn’t been a useful filter so far. perhaps there’s an alternative method for filtering the content. could be by percentage of article scrolled through or something? who knows! anyway, it’s certainly not enough to dock a star. highly satisfied!
Removes historic highlights
I use Instapaper mainly for long reads, often pieces that take longer than half an hour to get through. Highlights are important for me, because with highlights I can easily get to the relevant parts of the piece quickly. Recently I noticed that the highlights have not been staying. With the latest update it’s removed more, but only with this update have a received an official notification to say that I’m over the limit of free highlights. I don’t remember this being a feature before, but naturally I feel as if my time has been robbed from me, and pieces which I thought were well highlighted are now bare. To add insult to injury, you can’t even subscribe to premium within the app; you can’t even view the prices for subscription within the app. Terrible.
Total disrespect shown to your loyal EU users!
I find it absurd that given a full 2 years!!!... Yes. 24 months, in which to prepare for GFPR, you have failed to do so! And in failing to address it, you have shut out your loyal user-base in the EU. Worse still, you only gave users a one day notice of removal of your service, via email. An email that effectively said - We are cutting you off. If you want your data, then email us and we’ll send you it in a file... Bye!
Bad communication is the failing of many a business. Trust me, I know, I work in the NHS! This is unacceptable and I will be emailing Apple to request that they remove your now defunct app from all EU App Stores! I had rated this app 5 stars before this mess-up. Unfortunately it has gone from a 5 star review to a one star... I would have given it no stars, if it had been an option!
- Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
- 56.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Instant Paper, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.