International Snooker 2012
By Big Head Games Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
International Snooker returns bigger, better and bursting with features taking all cue gaming to new heights.
Already a smash hit on iPhone and iPad 2012 edition brings more features, enhanced audio and visuals and hundreds of hours of gameplay:
• A new Career Mode places you in a full ‘rolling’ year on year professional snooker career, playing 15 tournaments in 14 locations around the world competing to be world number 1.
• Global internet Multiplayer Mode gives you the opportunity to take on the best the world has to offer and earn your bragging rights for real.
• Fill your trophy cabinet with 16 trophies from 7 major and 7 minor events, 1 invitational event plus the coveted 147 trophy.
• Three unlockable Quick Play Pool modes: UK 8-ball, US 8-ball and US 9-Ball.
• Back spin, top spin and swerve the cue ball with simulation quality physics.
• Earn a 147 maximum break and entry to the exclusive 147 club.
• Use Career Mode winnings to upgrade equipment to increase power, swerve, spin and player kudos.
• Frame by frame replays with slow-mo and dynamic cameras including pocket cams and the new ‘follow the ball’ cam.
• Referee voiced by Michaela Tabb the world’s favourite referee of snooker and pool competitions.
• Stats and Achievements
• All new graphics engine with an even greater level of detail and realism. Featuring, shader effects, Lens flares, and fully soft skinned realistic crowd and players.
What's New in Version 1.5
- Render bug fix for 9400M chipset
- Lite Audience option for those with performance or chipset issues.
Excellent. Best virtual snooker experience so far!
This game is so good. To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be quite as good as it was. My favourite game was always 'Virtual Pool'. But this programme has really gone the extra mile. Realistic simulation. Like the fact that I can add spin etc. which is a must really. Personally II do prefer the way Virtual Pool uses the mouse to pull and push the cue and the speed of this action to determine the power of each shot. This for me is more intuitive and makes the came feel more physical and real, but hey, perhaps this game will include this in a future upgrade. You can even play Pool as well as snooker. I have not tested this yet, but what a bonus. I do not usually right reviews, but felt I had to for this one. The sound effects are very realistic too, and love the ambient sounds by the virtual audience:) People coughing, and the occasional sympathetic gasp at those close misses - bless, made me feel like someone out there cares, lol. Five stars from me. Well done *****
Not that good
I have given the rating three stars because the game has potential, however I have played much better snooker games than this. The shooting angles are not realistic and they change from shot to shot. The chances of you potting a ball are a bit of “pot luck” really.
You only get a fixed view of the table, either the shot view or overhead and you can’t position the cue angle from the overhead view, the screen is frozen. It is difficult to control the cue ball and so positional shots are just guesswork.
If I had the choice I would definately have my money back and look for something better and less frustrating.
Not worth it
I have no idea what happened to my earlier review on this one, so I try again.
Im not sure why others have given this a glowing report, I can only think they had something to do with the writing of the programme, because it certainly does NOT do what it says on the tin, fact is, I have given it 1 Star and I had to ponder a few minutes before I did that.
Accuracy is haphazard and thats being kind, that is until the computer takes over, then it plays like every world champion since Joe Davis rolled in to one.
There are a lot of things wrong with this game that need fixing, but I fear the writers are obviously not reading the reviews, but until they do, I suggest you save your Money.