Seconds - Timer for Interval Training, Circuit Training, HIIT, Tabata, WOD and fitness workouts
By Runloop Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LOOK NO FURTHER, you have just found the most advanced interval training timer on the App Store. Seconds has been downloaded over 1 million downloads, and has over 5000 5-star reviews. Other interval timers don't even come close when it comes to quality, features and ease of use.
SECONDS AT A GLANCE:-
• Large clear display
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata, Circuit Training and more
• Custom timers to create any intervals imaginable
• Bluetooth heart rate sensor support
• Speaks your interval names in your language
• Loud or soothing alerts
• Coordinate music with intervals
• Universal app, works on all devices
• External display and AirPlay Mirroring support
• Runs in the background
• LARGE CLEAR DISPLAY AND COLOUR CODING
The timing screen has a large time display that can easily be read from a distance. It works in portrait or landscape. The current interval and next interval are displayed so you can see also what's up now and next. The entire background uses the current interval colour so you don't even need to read the name.
• TEMPLATES MAKE IT EASY TO PROGRAM
Seconds comes with templates for HIIT, Tabata and Circuit Training making it very easy to quickly create a timer for your workouts. If you require more advanced options, Seconds doesn't let you down. You can create completely custom timers one interval at a time, or even combine timers together to create compound timers.
• HEART RATE SENSORS
Seconds supports Bluetooth heart rate sensors and allows you to configure the display to show your current heart rate and estimated calories burned during your training session.
• TEXT TO SPEECH AND ALERTS
The text to speech option will read out your interval names as you get to them, or even give you some advance warning. Alternatively, you can choose from the built in alerts. These ranges from simple beeps, to MMA air horns and boxing bells, to bells and gongs for more relaxing timers.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. For each interval, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply play another music source in the background.
• SHARE YOUR TIMERS WITH FRIENDS
Share the timers you’ve created or completed with your friends on your Twitter, Facebook or Weibo. They will then be able to import your timer into their app.
• EXPORT TIMERS
Transfer all your timers to another device of yours or a friends easily via Email or AirDrop.
• EXTERNAL DISPLAY
Use AirPlay Mirroring to display your timers on a big screen. Perfect for personal trainers and fitness class instructors. Enable Privacy Mode so your personal or client timers are not displayed as you navigate the app.
• SAMPLE TIMERS
Want a timer for the 7 minute workout, or Tabata. Seconds comes with these preinstalled as well as samples of the other timer types.
• UNIVERSAL APP
Seconds has been built from the ground up to support iOS 8 and work on all screen resolutions. You can run it in the foreground and disable the Auto-Lock, or run it in the background and have it play your alerts and send notifications when your intervals are complete.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
Thank you everyone for your feedback with version 3.0.1. It's been very well received.
In this version more of the functionality that had been removed has been restored (most notably the Bluetooth heart rate sensor support) and more bugs have been fixed.
One big change is the removal of timer-level audio. The reasons for which are as follows:
1. The majority of people that want music to continuously play throughout a timer use an external app.
2. The same result can be achieved by setting audio on the first interval of the timer and settings it to Resume and Persist.
3. The feature was introduced as a workaround before background modes were added.
If this is a deal breaker please contact me directly and I'll see what I can work out. You can email me at [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com).
Have a great 2015!
- Bluetooth heart rate support.
- Option to use heavier font throughout.
- Overrun feature to timers.
- Ability to change the timer fields.
- Interval elapsed option to timer fields.
- Calories option to timer fields.
- Personal Details section to enable calorie calculation.
- Share settings screen.
- Halfway alert option to intervals
- Timer list share action to share on social networks (will link to intervaltimer.com)
- Share within Organise mode to Export.
- Edit icon to a pencil.
- Preparation interval to use timer alerts.
- Passive rate prompt.
- Tapping email in help pages to open support screen.
- End beep alerts to use 2 beeps + a long beep.
- Timer-level audio.
- Volume option from intervals without audio.
- Resuming between intervals with same query params.
- Audio not resuming after interruptions.
- Crash on iPad when launching a timer with music while playing external audio.
- Bug where timer would go crazy after previewing alerts more than once.
- External display and timer views bugs.
Great app! One catch though
It's such an amazing app and I'm so glad I've stumbled across it as I was looking for this kind of app for a very long time! It lets you preset the exercises you want to do, set the time, the rest interval between each exercise and each set. It shows you the total time you will spend exercising (if you don't press pause, of course) and the voice over function is also very very nice as I don't have to check my screen all the time. The voice tells me when I'm halfway through my exercise, my set, which exercise I'm doing next and when to rest. All in all, an incredibly useful app for all the gym addicts out there!
However, there's one catch to it, which made me cringe - it's the pro version price, which costs £4 and let's you save the times for the future use. I wouldn't mind paying £1 or £2 max for the upgrade, but I mean £4 for just the "save" function, really? I believe it's a rip off and incredibly annoying, this function shouldn't cost that much and I really hope the developers will read this comment and think of reducing the price. In that case I would give this product a full 5 stars.
Such an easy to use app that flows well and is practical for the gym. It is a shame that you can't save the timers on the free version and the paid version is quite expensive. But overall it's a very clear app with every feature you need to use.
Does what it should
I don't normally leave feedback but this is so handy I felt the developer warranted the support. I use this for interval training(HIIT)and have it set up for different exercises and timings etc. works well for my needs and is easy to use. Thanks for creating
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 04 February 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Runloop Ltd
- © 2010-2015 Runloop Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro£3.99