Autodesk Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer allows you to interactively view animated 3D assembly instructions created with Autodesk Inventor Publisher desktop software.
Some assembly required? Left the manuals back at the shop? Missed your last product training session?
No problem. With Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer, you can have important product information and instructions at your fingertips wherever you go. Users of the desktop version of Inventor Publisher software can easily publish and share 3D instructions directly to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Together, Inventor Publisher and the Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer App deliver next generation instructions for visually explaining your ideas, designs, and products.
• Communicate how your products get assembled, used, taken apart, and serviced – or simply what’s great about them.
• Reduce your documentation, service, support and training costs
• Arm your sales force with 3D to win new business
Once you’ve experienced instructions in 3D, you’ll never look at documentation the same way again.
Autodesk Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer comes with a small selection of sample files. To create your own 3D instructions, Autodesk Inventor Publisher desktop software is required.
• Zoom, pan, & rotate in 3D using Multi-Touch
• Play or scrub through animated sequences of step-by-step instructions
• Double Tap on individual components for detailed part information
• View text descriptions and annotations that can help augment 3D graphics
• Includes 4 sample instruction files
• Create, publish, and deliver instruction files to mobile devices using the Publish to Mobile capability of Autodesk Inventor Publisher desktop PC software.
• Store files on your device through iTunes File Sharing or Cloud Storage
• Simple, intuitive user interface
• Designed as a Universal App for use with iPod, iPhone and iPad
For more information visit:
Fixed update issue
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of time
I was really hoping that this app might solve my many mobile CAD needs. Unfortunately, I really can't give it more than one star, because it is so limited in terms of both functionality, and polish. Firstly, the import options are very limited - in fact only one, from a companion desktop application. I store all my models on Google drive, and know many people who use cloud services like this to store their models. We aren't all power users in bug companies, so accommodating services like this would be really appreciated in the digital age. Secondly there was a distinct lack of polish on the interface, with low res icons and text being the stand out, unforgivable features. The colour scheme was also ugly, buttons were too small, even on a 12.9" iPad Pro and it took a long time to work out what the 3 tabs were for. Finally, it would be really good to be able to edit models. I know this is a big ask, but there are so many reasons why creating and editing models on a mobile platform would be useful.
--update not sure if Autodesk changed something or not - it was probably just me being stupid but the visibility issue is no more! Awesome app! Thanks Autodesk! --
My designs appear excellently on the ipad2, including the build animations, however - see through components or components that I do not want visible (as used on Inventor Professional & Inventor Publisher) always appear visible when published to mobile - i.e. Published to my iPad.
This is fine if your components or assemblies only consist of solid surfaces or if you have not used the frame generator based on solid objects.
I have designed several frames but am unable to see inside them because the template shape used to create the frame is visible and blocking the view.
This needs to be fixed by autodesk - when it is this app will be 5 stars!
Very impressive and incredibly useful
This app displays models very well on the iPad 2. The software, inventor publisher is easy to learn and there is a free trial download on auto desks website. Well worth checking out.
One thing that could be added is the option to change the colour of the background.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.