Great Investment Planning App
iNVESTaCALC is an easy to use yet comprehensive investment calculator.
Worked examples available via The Hub page demonstrate how easy it is to use.
It will enable you to simply:
Compare the performance of different schemes
Calculate the effect of fees on capital and savings
Compare the performance of different fee structures
Calculate the total % fees on the capital, and cash fees on the capital during the scheme term
Calculate saving targets and shortfalls
Calculate the effect of a lump sum saving and/or withdrawal
Calculate the effect of withdrawals on capital and savings
See the effect of a possible change to the % Return on Investment
See the trade off between initial savings and initial capital to meet the required final capital for a range of % Returns on Investment
Goal-Seek a variable needed to meet required Final Capital, such as Initial Capital, Initial Regular Savings/interval, % Investment Return/year, % Yearly Fee, and Cash Fee on Capital
Visualise your total income streams on a monthly and yearly basis
Save your input data and analysis results to your device, or iCloud Drive, or print the Text Data or Graph or as a PDF file as needed.
iNVESTaCALC has thee analysis windows plus an App Help Notes window and Worked Examples window.
1. The Analysis (1) default window allows you to enter scheme details such as:
- Initial capital
- Term in months
- % Return on Investment
- ± change to the % Return on Investment
- Fees on capital and savings
- Regular savings and withdrawals
- Single lump sum saving at any time
- Single lump sum withdrawal at any time
Warning panes will guide you through the data entry if you have a problem.
The output data gives you a comprehensive insight to the scheme's performance and total fees applied, together with a graph of the Final Capital over time and if desired plots of the impact of ± change to the annual interest rate on the Final Capital.
2. The Analysis (2) Goal-Seek window, accessed from the Analysis (1) window is similar to the Analysis (1) window but has the added capability of a Goal-Seek section where you can enter the required Final Capital and calculate the Initial Capital, Savings, % Return on Investment, % Yearly Fees, and Cash Fee on Capital needed to achieve it.
If the Goal-Seek function is activated, and regular savings are made, the output plot will display the trade off between initial savings and initial capital to meet the required final capital for a range of % Returns on Investment, otherwise the output graph will be similar to that shown in Analysis (1).
3. The Cash Flow window, used in conjunction with Analysis(1) or (2), provides a clear view of the relationship between total income streams and investment performance. To improve your decision making an extra plot has been added showing the inflation adjusted yearly income stream.
4. Your data and plot files stored in iCloud or your device can be listed by simply clicking on the 'Saved-Docs' button in the Analysis(1) or Analysis(2) window, and using the 'Storage switch' to choose the storage area. The files can be read, printed or deleted as needed.
5. A three term search function enables you to easily list only the files of interest from either the iCloud or your device storage.
6. The App Help Notes, accessed from any of the Analysis windows, provides an easy to follow comprehensive description and advice on how to use the App, just scroll down to read the different sections.
iNVESTaCALC is easy to use and gives you the flexibility and insight to make better choices in your financial planning, whether its determining the performance of different financial schemes, planning big purchases, or saving for school and university fees.
Analysis(2) window, Plot Output Data section:
Corrected a small error (less than 0.04%) in the estimated Initial Savings/period for a given Initial Capital when using the Goal-Seek function
Ratings and Reviews
Great app 🤓
I use this app daily, it's quick, simple and easy to use. Helps clients see the impact of charges on investments as well as demonstrating different performance outcomes. The goal seek and income modelling tools are a joy. Well worth the purchase.
Now hugely improved with the option to store, retrieve and manage calculations.
Great app for looking at savings and investment schemes
I originally bought the iMac version of this app and was very happy with it so got the iPad version so that I could use it on the go. It is a great platform for simply looking at the performance of different savings and investment schemes. The goal-seek analysis allows you to calculate the different variables needed to reach a specific financial goal. Very helpful that you can save the outcomes of each calculation to both the iPad and iCloud. The document search function enables you to easily find previous calculations. I would recommend this for someone of any level who is interested in comparing different savings and investment schemes, looking at buying something on finance, or different mortgage schemes. The new version offers some great improvements including examples of how to use each function and in what scenarios you may need to use them.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.