iPack is a full-featured compressed archives manager.
- Compress 7z, zip, jar, and rar archives
- Decompress 7z, zip, jar, rar, cab, deb, iso, arj, gz and bz2 archives
- NEW! Integration with Finder: compress and decompress files in Finder directly
- Quick preview files without extracting them
- Conversion from 7z/zip/rar/gz/bz2 to 7z/zip/rar formats
- Quick archive decompression by dragging files to the drop basket
- Take advantage of the power of multicore CPU: iPack works at least 100% faster when you have 2011 Macs.
- Superb speed benefited by 64-bit computing power
- Full support of international file names (especially Chinese, Japanese and Korean file names created by old archivers)
- Full support of password-protected archives
- Full support of drag and drop
- Multi-volumed archives support
- Search file names inside archives
(1) You must own a valid copy of rar to use rar compression. Rar decompression doesn't require it.
(2) When you compress to multiple volumes or open split volumes, you need to specify the folder of all volumes again.
It's been a really long time since the last update: so long that OS X got its new name macOS.
* Fixed: possible crash when creating or reopening archives under OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra.
Ratings and Reviews
No support for first generation Macs with 32bit processors!!
I just ran an update on the apps I have from the Mac App Store and iPack appears to be incompatible with my MacBook Pro due to the 32bit CPU, version 2.0.4 works perfectly fine though. But I don't see the point why the developer can't support both architectures. I have paid for the App and I don't want to move to others. I seriously hope the developer can fix it for those with older and perfectly workable Macs with 32bit Core Duo processors.
5 Star App
Absolutely excellent little app and great value. Has the ability to look in archived files without having to first extract them, quick look and then extract individual files. Does everything you would expect and more from an archiving utility at a fraction of the price of some of the alternatives.
This app is total rubbish. I bought it specifically to create .jar files and it cannot do anything other than create .zip or 7-Zip archives. No other options present themselves. It has no Help file and the devs are uncontactable. Their web-site has no customer services link. The Powered by WordPress comments section is broken. All in all, Apple should remove this from the appStore as it does them and their customers a grave diservice.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.