iPeng 9 - Squeezebox Remote Control
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iPeng 9, the music remote for the Logitech® Squeezebox™, has been designed for the latest iOS versions and fully supports iPhone 6 and 6 Plus form factors. iPeng 9 is a remote control app that will work all over your home with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch.
You can also purchase an additional playback capability as an In-App-Purchase that will turn your iPhone or iPad into a full-blown music player for your Squeezebox Server.
*** New in iPeng 9 ***
• Today Widget to use iPeng in Notification Center and on the lock screen.
• Full musltitasking support on iPad and iPad Pro, including Split View and Slide Over under iOS 9.
*** What’s new compared to iPeng Classic? ***
* Full Support of latest iOS Versions *
• iPeng has been redesigned matching Apple's flat UI design for an up-to-date appeal and uses a modernized platform and code base to keep supporting new iOS features.
* Universal App *
• iPeng 9 is a universal app for both iPhone and iPad, so you only have to purchase the app once. Older iPeng versions had separate apps for iPhone and iPad.
* Customizable *
• The customizable main menu allows you to show different menu items in your top level menu or hide things that you don’t need.
• Change the structure of your main menu through a simple drag-and-drop interface.
• You can select a bright or dark color scheme for iPeng and iPeng can even automatically select it based on your lighting conditions.
* iPeng makes your life easier with multiple players *
• The redesigned MultiPlayer Control makes handling many players even easier.
• QuickSwitch lets you easily move playlists from one player to another with a swipe of your finger.
• Have direct access to Power/Volume for each connected player and change other player settings in the player details.
• Group players to synchronized groups. Jointly control playback and volume for these groups and move players between them using drag-and-drop or a toolbar.
• Power all players in a group off with a single click when you leave.
* Manage Playlists and Favorites *
• View, save, change and rearrange not only your current playlist but also saved playlists and favorites.
* Works with Logitech Squeezebox and compatible players *
• iPeng 9 works with all Logitech Squeezebox Players as well as many Squeezebox-compatible players like the SOtM sMS-1000SQ and sMS-100 or VortexBox players.
*** Enjoy the familiar features and comfort of iPeng. ***
* Easy and Fast to Use *
• The functionality of iPeng is optimized for speed of use guaranteeing long-term fun.
• Built-in Tutorials help you to learn iPeng’s operation.
* Explore Your Music Library (1) *
• Browse your own files by categories like Albums, Artists, Genres or simply search for your music.
* Explore Remote Services *
• You get access to a whole world of internet radio and music services like Rhapsody™ and Spotify™ and have control over them as if they were in your own library .
* Use 3rd Party Plugins (2) *
• iPeng supports a growing number of 3rd party plugins for Squeezebox™,e.g. CustomBrowse, TrackStat and many more.
* Use MySqueezebox.com *
• iPeng 9 doesn’t require a server to operate your Squeezebox, it also supports Logitech’s MySqueezbox.com online service.
Note: This does not apply for the Playback functionality.
iPeng requires one or more Squeezebox™ or any compatible hard- or software player.
Squeezebox™ is a trademark of Logitech.
(1) LogitechMedia Server/Squeezebox Server version 7.5 or newer available for free from mysqueezebox.com/download or downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/
(2) Installation of 3rd party plugins in Logitech Media Server required.
What's New in Version 9.2.1
iPeng 9.2.1 fixes and improvements:
* brings back support for iOS 8;
* improved scanner support;
* allows server restart from within App;
* fix: player list should not get lost on main menu changes;
* fix: "no server found" screen fixed on iPad.
iPeng 9.2 is ready for iOS 10
iPeng version 9.2 includes the following revisions and improvements:
* With iOS 10 the widget now has a redesigned “compact” mode, giving you direct access to the most important control buttons.
* The compact widget can also be used as a “Quick Action” with 3D-Touch on the app icon to allow you to submit quick commands like play/pause without opening the app.
* The widget now supports Dynamic Type with iOS 10 (system wide text size configuration).
* Support of Apple’s remote control interface has been improved.
In typical squeezebox server style, this app does everything. Similarly it's a bit complex and takes a bit of getting used to, but mostly importantly it's not buggy.
I have had only two issues. The first is very minor - there's a quiet popping in the headphones when starting the app. The second is I can't access the media server from the internet when it's on a custom port. I pretty sure I had otherwise set it up right, but I just couldn't get any audio. Changing back to port 9000 made it work.
Worth buying. I use this app to listen to my collection in the car. No need for Spotify!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 28 October 2016
- Version: 9.2.1
- Size: 24.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Du!Business GmbH
- © 2013-2015 PenguinLovesMusic.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iPeng Playback£3.99