Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iPhoto lets you do more than you ever thought possible with your photos, with easy ways to find, sort, and rediscover your favorite shots. Simple but powerful editing tools let you turn good photos into magnificent ones. Share directly to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and Messages. iPhoto also works with iCloud, so the photos you take on your iOS devices automatically appear in iPhoto, and you can share selected photos and videos with family and friends using iCloud Photo Sharing. You can even create professional-quality photo books, calendars and letterpress cards quickly and easily.
iCloud Photo Sharing
• Post photos and videos to other people’s shared photo streams, or create your own streams to share with friends and family
• View and add comments and likes to photos and videos in any shared stream
• My Photo Stream lets you view and automatically import recent photos taken on your iOS devices
• Automatically send newly-imported photos to all your iOS devices using My Photo Stream
• Post to your Timeline or a Facebook photo album and add a comment
• View friends’ photo comments right in iPhoto and post a comment back
• Support for multiple Facebook accounts
Custom Photo Email
• Ten Apple-designed themes
• Support for all popular email services
• Attach photos with one click
• Email sharing history
• Twelve themes including Holiday Mobile, Reflections, and Places
• Places slideshow theme uses location data in your photos
• Themes include instantly recognizable music
• Export directly to iTunes for syncing
Beautiful photo books
• Dynamic, carousel-based theme browser
• Theme preview with your photos
• Change book type, size and color with a click
• Page layouts include two-page, full-bleed spreads, perfect for panoramas
• Beautiful debossed designs imprinted on premium paper
• 31 themes complete with matching envelopes
• Personalize with your photos and text
• Available for a variety of occasions including births, weddings, and the holidays
• Unified photo library for both iPhoto and Aperture (v. 3.3 or later) allows you to easily switch between apps
• Events, Faces, Places, albums and web sharing work across both applications
iPhoto print products are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select countries in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Some features and third-party services require Internet access and iCloud; additional fees and terms may apply. iCloud is available to persons age 13 or older.
Third-party services may not be available in all languages or in all countries. Use of these services requires Internet access and may require you to accept additional terms.
What's New in Version 9.5.1
• Fixes an issue that could cause print previews to render incorrectly
• Includes stability and performance improvements
Good but one major flaw
A smoth app that handles the 5000 i currently have on my sytem without any form of lag. Intuative to use and presented excellently. The only fault and in my opinion it is a large one is that iPhoto does not support multiple profiles using the same library, there are workarounds but these are not ideal and do not function as desired making it difficult for two user profile on the same machine to share in the same iPhoto library. Please Apple rectify this in the next update.
agonisingly slow, atrociously thought out
iPhoto used to be a great app. But not any more. This version (9.5.1) takes ages to open, is agonisingly slow to use (even with 8GB RAM), and has an atrociously designed interface, which does not even allow you to make full use of the screen size for editing. The only good thing about it is that you can now open your iPhoto library in Aperture (which has got faster and more capable over the years) - though arguably you wouldn’t need to do this at all if iPhoto worked as it should. One star for this singular saving feature - minus 4 stars for wrecking a perfectly good app.
Deletes the photos from all your projects (books you’ve made)
I’m sorry apple but your standards have dropped. Being able to create photo projects for mothers day etc is a big part of iPhotos appeal. Ive upgraded and lost all my projects. Updates should be tested properly before being released, especially to ensure something as important as “projects” transfer across properly. No thank you, we dont like that. Memories have been lost :(
- Category: Photography
- Updated: 11 December 2013
- Version: 9.5.1
- Size: 1.15 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later