Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featuring an all-new, streamlined design that’s more beautiful and simpler than ever, iPhoto gives you powerful yet easy ways to browse, organize, edit, and share your photos. Enhance your pictures with Multi-Touch tools that let you adjust color, exposure and apply beautiful photo effects. Create custom slideshows that you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward using touch gestures. Share your favorite photos by publishing them as web journals via iCloud. Order professional-quality prints in traditional sizes or as square prints, posters, and stunning wide-format panoramas. You can even turn your favorite photos into gorgeous hardcover photo books using just a few taps and swipes on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
• Use simple gestures to quickly sort through hundreds or thousands of photos
• Tap to flag any photo, apply a descriptive tag, or mark it as a favorite
• Advanced filtering lets you find just the photos you want by multiple criteria, such as Flag, Tags, and Favorites
• Simply touch and drag the parts of the image you want to change
• Use gestures to selectively adjust blue skies, greenery, and warmth
• Drag the white balance loupe to make precise color corrections
• All image adjustments are completely nondestructive
• Use your fingertip to paint photo adjustments right where you need them
• Lighten, darken, and change saturation or sharpness selectively
• Paint out spots and blemishes with a powerful Repair brush
• Brush away red-eye or use the Soften brush to minimize wrinkles
• Enhance your photos with dozens of beautiful Apple-designed effects
• Use the new Drama effects to accentuate color contrast in your images
• Create a perfectly toned black-and-white photo by simply dragging your finger
• Pinch and zoom a vignette or tilt-shift filter to focus on a key part of the photo
Professional-Quality Photo Books
• Create beautiful, customized hardcover photo books
• Choose one of four elegant Apple-designed square-format themes
• Select a set of photos and iPhoto automatically flows them into a book
• Use simple gestures to swap photos and pages
• Your book is uploaded to Apple for professional printing and binding
• Books can be shipped to multiple recipients in a single order
Custom Photo Prints
• Sizes include traditional (such as 4x6 or 8x10), square and even panoramic formats
• Print your photos as posters up to 20x30 inches
• With the Auto-Sized option, choose a height and your photos will be printed in variable widths to preserve the original aspect ratio
• Choose between glossy and lustre finishes
• Your photos are uploaded to Apple, printed on high-quality paper, and shipped directly to you
• Share your stories in a whole new way as beautiful photo journals
• iPhoto automatically flows your pictures into a great-looking layout that’s fun to personalize
• Touch and drag to add captions, maps, dates, weather, national flags, and even local currency
• Publish your photo journals to iCloud as stunning web pages
• Choose one of 12 Apple-designed themes, including new themes such as Flip-Up and Portfolio
• Use gestures to pause, rewind, and fast-forward your slideshows
• Customize the order of your photos
• Share slideshows via iCloud and invite friends and family to view them in a web browser
Other Great iPhoto Features
• Edit high-resolution photos—up to 36.5 megapixels—on certain devices
• Share photos directly to iMovie and other compatible iOS apps
• Use AirPlay to stream photos and slideshows to Apple TV
Some features require an iCloud account and/or compatible Internet access.
AirPlay is compatible with the second-generation Apple TV or later.
iPhoto print products are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select countries in Europe and Asia Pacific.
What's New in Version 2.0
• All-new streamlined design
• Create and order professionally-printed hardcover photo books
• Order pro-quality prints in a variety of sizes, including square and panoramic
• Create custom slideshows that can be interactively controlled during playback with touch gestures
• New photo effects, including Drama, Camera Filters, and improved Black & White
• Advanced search controls for filtering photo views by multiple criteria, such as Favorites, Tags, and Flags
• Share photos directly from iPhoto using Messages
• Add national flags and currency widgets to web journal layouts
• Improved support for panoramas in web journal layouts
• Photos in the Camera Roll can now be deleted from within iPhoto
• White balance controls now include an "Underwater" option
• Panoramic photos are displayed as wide-format pano thumbnails in grid views
• AirDrop photos, web journals and slideshows to other iOS 7 devices
• New image processing system for improved rendering and performance
• 64-bit support
A good start, but pleeeeez let us delete and organise things in the next update
Update: much improved, but why why why can I not delete photo stream pictures. The inability to delete even a few of the 1000s of pics synced from iphoto on my mac/PC is why I just bought a small Nexus. Silly restrictions will kill the ipad, Apple wake up! Original review 2012: I'm really enjoying using the app, the way the folders are presented is clear and appealing and the photo editing features are simple and fast. I'm not sure what apples deal is with not letting us delete stuff, but they really need to reconsider it for things like an iPad where space is at a premium. This iPhoto app does not have the organisation abilities of the mac version, it's a good start, but really needs to have these features as iPads become more peoples main computing device.
It's a great app but with all the integration with the photos app I'm surprised all the actions in the photos app are not present! Would be great to be able to 'assign to contact' and 'set as wallpaper' from within iPhoto! Or even to be able to open the actual photo in the photos app instead of having to duplicate it! And i'm not happy that I had to pay for it, being an iPhone 5 user! That eligible devices rule is kinda stupid, if the app is compatible with my phone shouldn't that make me eligible. After all I paid uu more for my iPhone 5 than an eligible iPhone 5c user did!
A much needed lick of paint and the removal of that awful glass couldn't come too soon. This update caused me to re-download the app and I am glad I did.
Cleaner UI and far easier to navigate, so much quicker and more professional. And now the ability to delete photos means this can take over as my photos app. I cannot see any way to set it as the default photos app though 😟. But otherwise, great job Apple 😃.
I just want to know what the beam function is for now we have airdrop.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 22 October 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 287 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.