By Media Applications Technologies Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Listen live to all BBC Radio stations
- Browse hundreds of on-demand programmes
- Download podcasts to listen on the go
- Discover new music with Playlister
- Amazing audio quality over WiFi or 3G/4G
- Radio alarm - wake up with live radio
- Features, video and audio clips, including many live performances
- Schedules that go backwards by 7 days for easy catch-up
- Set reminders for future shows
- Connect to AirPlay or Bluetooth audio devices
- Share programmes and tracks with your friends
Please note: Streaming radio is a data-intensive service.
The BBC does not charge for mobile content, but your operator's charges for using the internet over mobile networks may apply, and may be significantly increased whilst roaming outside of the UK. Connecting via WiFi is recommended where possible.
What's New in Version 1.6.4
We've added a count of available episodes next to each of your favourite programmes. You can find this in the Favourites section of the app.
We value your feedback and if you wish to get in touch with us, please do so by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via our Twitter account (@BBCiPlayerRadio)
Really like this app and the accessibility it gives me. However, if i'm listening to a pre-recorded show and i loose network connection, the app crashes and starts playback from the beginning (only after a few minutes of trying to buffer), this has become very annoying at times especially as when you drag the playbar to where you were it jumps back and forth of where you actually want it. So a 3 star is all I'm giving until this annoying bug is fixed.
Thank you for favourites count
Reinstating the favourites count is a huge improvement, changing the favourites section from totally unusable to very useful again (as it was before the split of apps).
There are still many problems - especially that everything seems to have slowed down to snail's pace; screens take ages to load - or never load (NB going back and then forward again does seem to load them!)
But, I have "favourites" again - so, at least it's one step forward.
1. Why can't short programme serials eg book at bedtime, morning story & 15 minute drama be combined in omnibuses for on demand? It's annoying to keep having to select next instalment manually and unwise to do so when driving.
2. Why is there no control over backtracking in locked screen on iPhone? There seems to be a bar for it but it doesn't function. A 10, 20 or 30 sec jump back/forward, as Apple podcast app had, would be good.
3. Can't see episode numbers in lists of serial episodes.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 27 November 2014
- Version: 1.6.4
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Media Applications Technologies Limited
- © BBC 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.