iPoe - The Interactive and Illustrated Edgar Allan Poe Collection
By iClassics Productions, S.L.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A UNIQUE INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE *****
- Editor's Choice Award of Children's Technology Review 2013
- Best Fiction App at the Publishing Innovation Awards 2012
- Reached #1 Book in Spain, Mexico, France, Belgium, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Ecuador, Czech Republic and Belize.
** #1 App in Overlapps.com
** "iPoe is of such high quality that it underscores the strength of Poe’s material." -padgadget.com
** "This is Poe the way he should be presented to new audiences: haunting, cautionary, and brilliant." -technologytell.com
Rediscover Edgar Allan Poe as you've never imagined! iPoe is a new concept where music, illustration and interactivity combine to invite you to dive into the darkest corner of the human soul.
In the XIX century Edgar Allan Poe was ahead of his time and captured the terror and darkness of the human soul, in each of his stories, as no one had ever done. Rediscover his work with iPoe, the Interactive and Illustrated Collection of Edgar Allan Poe with which you will find the difference between an electronic book and a total interactive experience exploring all capabilities of the iPod, iPhone and iPad. Get shrouded in shadows and dive into the dark work of the master of horror through some of his best stories:
- The Oval Portrait
- The Tell-Tale Heart
- Annabel Lee
- The Masque of the Red Death
- Fully illustrated by David Garcia Forés.
- Interactive elements and animations that bring the stories to life.
- Original soundtrack created by Teo Grimalt.
- Texts in 3 languages: English, Spanish and French.
- Includes Edgar Allan Poe’s biography.
- Universal App.
- Retina Display ready.
- A collection of the illustrator’s sketches.
Prepare to savour the fear through a unique experience! Download iPoe Collection, the ultimate Edgar Allan Poe experience.
What's New in Version 2.9.4
* Some minor bugs fixed.
* Some content layout adjusted for iPhone 6/6+.
The artwork to this is amazing, with just enough interactivity to bring it all to life without becoming a distraction from the tales. The effect is heart stopping. I read them all in one sitting as I just couldn't put it down! The fear element is most definitely there, the music draws you further in and no matter how well you know the fables, I dare anyone to peruse these without their heart racing at some point! (I actually almost screamed... Headphones definitely reccomended)
Excellent Gory Good Story
Not usually one for interactive apps because most are so predictably dull, but this one has slightly more about it & we all enjoyed playing the app through the 350 what system as we read allowed each story & had a good laugh at the results. Blood & Gore in store & plenty of ghosts to boot - a hoot ! Now we look forward to part to two. 👀👻👻👻👀
I have not read anything of E A Poe before but when I watched the trailer for this I thought why not. I wasn't disappointed! The stories are fabulous and are brought to life here. The interaction is not too much to distract away from the stories and I am looking forward to reading Vol. 2
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: 04 December 2014
- Version: 2.9.4
- Size: 256 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Developer: iClassics Productions, S.L.
- © 2012 Play Creatividad
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.