Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
- Fixed German localization that prevented the Preferences panel from working correctly
Ratings and Reviews
could be better maybe, but still very useful
only just started with this, but have found it very helpful for practice, also for the editing facility which allows for reharmonisation of standards. it’s a bit basic in terms of the chords on offer but has most options people would generally use. the continuity of the bass lines are a bit random, so room for potential improvement there perhaps, and the display is narrow with 4 chords to the bar becoming pretty illegible if there’s any complexity. still, no real complaints for the price and practicality.
Love it on iOS but doesn’t work at all on macOS
Will amend this rating as soon as my issue has been resolved.
I have a version of iReal Pro for iOS and love it, but just bought and downloaded iReal Pro for macOS and it doesn’t work. Somewhat annoyed as I've just paid £20 and can't
use it. The observed behaviour was a long cycle of opening/closing - it never opened a window, just repeatedly appeared and disappeared in the dock. After about 10 minutes of this I got a system modal with the message "“iReal Pro” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “iReal Pro” and download it again from the App Store". So, I did that and just got that message again.
Waiting to hear back from the support team! Really hope they can fix the issue ASAP.
So. Loved using the old version of this app, felt it was really starting to pay dividends in terms of working on playing over changes rather than scale shapes.
Downloaded the update the other evening.
Now stuck in a premanent cycle of crashing. Goes to open, says previous session crashed would you like to re open and no matter what I do click yes or no, just crashes and the process starts again.
Emailed the developer with the issue and grabs of the crash window at least a couple of days ago… nothing.!!!
Hi Neuk01642, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Have you emailed us at firstname.lastname@example.org? We usually answer in 24-48 hours. In case we haven't answered you, we didn't received your message, please send it again. Thank you!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.