By Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iRecord App enables you to get involved with biological recording. Contribute your species sightings with GPS acquired coordinates, descriptions and other information, thus providing scientists with important new biodiversity information that contributes to nature conservation, planning, research and education.
Your data will be kept secure and will be regularly backed up. Automatic checks will be applied to your observations to help spot potential errors, and experts can review your sightings. All wildlife sightings for non-sensitive species are shared with other users and will be made available to National Recording Schemes, Local Record Centres and Vice County Recorders (VCRs).
• Works fully offline
• Record all the wildlife you see - supports all UK species
• Add new records with minimal effort
• Benefit from automatic data checks and review by experts
• Share your sightings with the recording community
• Contribute to science and conservation
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Updated the species list
Improved mapping: new layers, display grid reference
Added Identifiers option
Added basic statistics page
Added location name and species suggestions
Past location management: editing, making sticky favourite
- Category: Education
- Updated: 21 November 2016
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 36.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- © 2016 CEH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.