By Origin Partners
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iShoogle is a free, easy to use app from the Glasgow Subway. It gives you real time service information as well as access to the Subway’s key timetables and the route map. Not only does it provide key information about the system and its history it also helps you find your way around via a handy Shoogle Guide, which lists shops, restaurants, bars and attractions around each station. To top it off, you can also win great Subway prizes by checking in and competing with other passengers to become each station’s ‘Top Shoogler’ as well as taking part in the Glasgow Subway’s popular #shooglingwinsprizes competitions!
· Stations – find out information about the stations you visit from interesting facts to photos from our archives.
· My Sub - create your own Subway experience on your own Shoogle page! Access your total number of station check-ins, enter competitions and best of all find the Shoogle Guide – use it to explore what is near the station you are at with our Shoogle search!
· Competitions - #Shooglingwinsprizes, this is where you will find our competitions, giving you the chance to win some great Subway goodies! Check into the stations you visit to compete against other passengers to become our Top Shoogler in that station. You need to be logged into Facebook to access these.
· Satellite/Road Map – get your bearings by pin pointing where the station you are at is in the city.
What's New in Version 126.96.36.199
Minor bug fixes
Great details on the history and subway updates but why won't the 'Check-in' work?
I downloaded this app after seeing an advertisement for it on the Subway. I do go into the stations (Particularly Partick and Cowcaddens) but, even with a full signal and the GPS turned on in my iPhone 4, the app still keeps telling me "Cannot check-in, there is no station nearby, etc". The next update for this app better fix this problem but for now if you want to become the top shoogler don't download this app until a new update is released.
This app doesn't give you anything useful. Doesn't real time update so not really "live" line status. Could offer so much more such as etickets, line updates, real time train updates etc. They do give you the option to shake the app to watch the letters "shoogle"…… yeh I know not really useful either :s
Not at all useful, no real time info
This app is as useful as a paper timetable. No details on the recent subway issues. According to this app bother circles were running on time!! Binned.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 04 January 2013
- Version: 188.8.131.52
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Origin Partners Limited
- © Strathclyde Partnership for Transport
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).