iSSH - SSH / VNC Console
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A full-featured SSH and Telnet emulator of VT100, VT102, VT220, ANSI, and xterm terminals integrated with a tunneled VNC client, RDP client and an X server.
Secure, powerful, intuitive, configurable and complete are a few words used to describe iSSH. A universal app for both the iPhone and the iPad, hands down iSSH is the best ssh client available. iSSH is the only app with agent forwarding, tunneling and an X11 server available within the app.
Featured in Apple's preferred list of iOS apps for Mobile IT.
iSSH received a perfect score as reviewed by Macworld and is featured in both their "Highest Rated Business" and "Essential Business" categories.
"Sure, I lived for years without an iPad with iSSH on it, but can you really call that living? No." -- Twitter User
• Multitasking support - can hold connections open for up to 10 minutes
• TextExpander support for quick access in the terminal
• Arbitrary port tunneling through SSH
• Tunneled VNC client (or unencrypted using a "raw" connection)
• Tunneled RDP client
• Tunneled X server
• SSH, telnet, VNC and RDP all work via EDGE, WiFi and 3G
• Multiple simultaneous connections
• Nearly every encoding supported
• Per-server reachability notification
• Features a VGA BBS ANSI compatible font
• Portrait and landscape mode
• Adaptable terminal size, fixed to 80x24, or user configurable on iPad. All with exhaustive scroll-back
• Exhaustive key configuration support. Has arrow keys (by pop-up or by toolbar). ctrl, alt, esc, tab, shift, Fn keys (1-10), ` key, PgUp, PgDown and for those keys not listed provides multiple means to add them.
• Store any number of connections and configurations and organize them into groups
• Securely import and export configurations between many devices
• Command execution on connection
• Optional keyboard transparency
• Completely customizable keyboard, from Dvorak to rare international keyboards
• Four (six on iPad) selectable monospaced fonts
• RSA and DSA key generation and exchange via email, password-connected SSH or pasteboard
• Can support "uninterrupted" connections via GNU Screen and the command option.
• Transfers public keys automatically
• Optional DWM window manager for X server
• ssh-agent support
• Agent forwarding
• Bluetooth keyboard support for arrow keys, function keys and a remapping of the ctrl key through option key mapping in either X11/VNC server or terminal. When enabled, an Option+key press maps to equivalent Ctrl+key press.
iSSH is effectively several clients in one, containing functionality for ssh/telnet/raw connections, an X11 server, VNC tunneling as well as RDP tunneling. iSSH supports multiple, simultaneous connections with more complete terminal compatibility, more configurable macro and key options and a more intuitive UI than any other other SSH client in the App Store.
For those who may experience issues VNCing into 10.7 systems, please enable "VNC to Mac" in the connection configuration.
What's New in Version 5.7.1
* Bug fixes
I'm not much of a reviewing kind of person, but when re downloading this app on a new device I noticed it scored pretty low, I thought I'd better add my two cents.
I've tried a number of ssh clients for iOS and this one has been by far the best. Supports a good range of authentication protocols, and they've all worked fine for me, contrary to some of the reviewers here. Set the connection up in advance rather than doing a quick connect, and it's all golden.
I use it for minor bits of server admin while away from a proper terminal and haven't run into anything that it objects to or refuses to run. It's basically been a great little workhorse. My only minor niggle is that on iPhone the tab and ctrl buttons are a little bit out of the way making it harder than ideal to do the things you really need to do when you're using an iPhone keyboard, tab completion and bash history search. Aside from that, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Thanks guys.
Functional SSH client with some embarrassing bugs
Does most of what I want from an ssh client, except the ssh key entry flow is broken - halfway through typing in the key passphrase, it pops up a user password dialog (assuming you're connecting to a server/account that supports both methods). Hitting "cancel", completing the passphrase entry and then tapping "ok" invariably crashes the app. Consequence: ssh key support is broken, unless you turn off passphrase protection.
A once great app...
It saddens me to write a negative review of iSSH, it has always been my ssh app of choice but lately the author just seems to have given up with it. I've reported the ssh key/password bug twice now and there is no response. Later versions feel like a lot less reliable. Please please fix some of the bugs and give us an update.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 24 October 2013
- Version: 5.7.1
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Dean Beeler
- © Zinger-Soft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mosh Compatibility£0.69