iThoughts is a mindmapping tool for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (Mac and Windows versions also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
Not sure if iThoughts is right for you? Try the free iThoughts2go app first.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Things (Task Management App)
• iCloud Calendar/Reminders
• Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV
• Drag and Drop
• Multitasking (side by side windows)
• Spotlight Search
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons, 90 clipart images and 35 background canvas patterns.
• 10 system 'Map Styles'.
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Multiple topic selection
• Search (map names, topics, notes, links) across all maps.
• Filter (modified time etc)
• External bluetooth keyboard support.
• External Projector support (in addition to mirroring)
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
• Encrypted, password protected maps.
• Outline View
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
• Open encrypted maps using biometrics (TouchID or FaceID)
• Option to include a link back to the original topic when exporting to Calendar/Reminders
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
The best mindmapping tool
I have bought and tried most mind mapping tools but this is my favourite one and the one that I always ditch the others for. It’s great value for money, fully-featured, fast, responsive, reliable and available on multiple platforms. I use it on Windows at work and my Apple devices at home for everything from planning a week’s menus to complex flow charts and concept maps. What is really great is that, with the latest release of new shapes, you can make hybrid flow chart - mind map - concept map brain dumps The developer answers questions promptly and keeps all the versions up to date. Well worth the money.
‘Outline view’?! Is there even any competition now?
With a clever implementation of, ‘outline view’ the best mind-mapper on iOS casually just became next level awesome. Most iOS mind mappers just aren’t, in their general character, that committed or skilfully brought to life. And of those that have well developed desktop counterparts you’re often paying an arm and a leg as developers from, ‘the time before hand held computing’ cling desperately to their old pricing models. In ‘iThoughts’ we have a multi-platform, clever, quality app with real power behind it. It is well established and has quality support too.
Past issues resolved ... A Great mindmapper
Comprehensive mind mapper with lots of output options. Good layout and functions. Clean interface
Slick to use once used to it.... Something like adding notes to branches is right there under your nose even though it's not obvious to start with. This is great .. Keeps the focus on the map itself.
Loads of task/progress type options
Doodle sub-app isn't bad either
More hours to spend on it but the previous problems I used to suffer from seem to have been resolved now :)
Looking good and now heading to be my go to mind mapping app even after having sat firmly in another camp for some time. Given 4* for now but reckon 5*s is probably where I will end up
Keep up this great work ... And please don't succumb to a subscription based pricing model like some others...
- toketaWare ltd
- 58 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © toketaWare 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.