iThoughtsX is a mindmapping tool for the Mac (iOS and Windows versions also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers/Outlook/ToodleDo (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Things (Task Management App)
• iCloud Calendar/Reminders
• Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons, 90 clipart images and 35 background canvas patterns.
• 10 system 'Map Styles'.
• Rules based filtering engine.
• Presentation mode.
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
• Encrypted, password protected maps.
• Outline View
First class macOS integration:
• Retina support
• Versions support
• Fullscreen support
• Spotlight integration
• Quicklook support
• Pinch to zoom
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
• Option to include a link back to the original topic when exporting to Calendar/Reminders
• Option to include notes in Outline View
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
The best - on all platforms
I have purchased, and used almost every mind mapping software available, but this is my favourite one that I always end up dumping all the others for. Why? Well it’s available on all platforms so I can use it at work on Windows as well as at home and on the go and it works just as well on any of them. The developer updates it regularly with useful features that make it evern more useful. It’s fast, responsive and reliable and that includes the developer, who has never failed to get back to me with a timely response in all the years that I’ve been using this wonderful piece of software. It thoroughly deserves all the 5 star reviews.
Helped me go paperless. Just buy it.
I've used the iOS version (iThoughtsHD) for 5 years months and the OS X version for 4 years. Combined they are pure genius and have been utterly transformative for the way I work. I used to carry a paper notebook around because I though it was helpful to have a heap of paper to which I never referred. That was bonkers. Now, I store all my notes, strategies and meeting records here, along with other documents and content and it is SO easy to work efficiently and effectively anywhere. I now refer to my notes all the time and can share with colleagues easily on multiple formats.
It also really helps to order your thought into a logical state. The editing and formatting tools are a joy to use.
The file transfer process beween HD and OS X is a little clunky, but I think that’s more a function of Apple’s approach than Toketa - but once you get the hang of it there’s nothing to it.
Each development and release makes life easier and the project management function is superb. Just buy it.
Best mind map tool I’ve ever had
I’ve used iThoughts on my IOS platforms for a number of years and found it excellent. I bit the bullet to purchase the MAC OS version and I wasn’t disappointed, the interface is a joy to use and I create very complex mind maps for all sorts of needs including personal and business. So far I haven’t had any issues with it and I hope it continues that way because it in now one of my most valued tools.
- toketaWare ltd
- 30.4 MB
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 toketaWare Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.