iTranslate is the leading translation and dictionary app. Easily translate text, websites, or start voice-to-voice conversations in over 100 languages. Our new Offline Mode allows you to use iTranslate abroad without having to pay expensive roaming charges.
• Get translations in over 100 languages.
• Listen to translations in male or female voices.
• Switch between different dialects.
• Dictionaries with synonyms and different meanings.
• Phrasebook - With over 250 predefined phrases.
• iMessage App & Keyboard Extension
• Apple Watch App
• Transliteration, Sharing, Favorites, History, and much more.
• Award-winning apps for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• Lens: Use your camera to instantly translate menus or signs and more.
• Offline translation mode.
• Voice-to-Voice conversations.
• Website translation, including a nifty Safari extension.
• Verb conjugations in different tenses.
Learn more about iTranslate PRO on https://www.itranslate.com
LOVED AND TRUSTED BY MILLIONS
• 70 million downloads and over 100,000 App Store reviews!
• Best of 2015, Editor’s Choice, App Store Essentials
• "…never encounter a language barrier" - Time.com
• "Voice translation executed perfectly." - Cult of Mac
• Featured many times in Apple TV ads and on the App Store
Learn more about iTranslate at https://www.itranslate.com
Visit https://www.itranslate.com/support/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iTranslateApp
Like & share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/itranslateapp
Learn more about iTranslate: https://www.itranslate.com
Supported languages & dialects for translation:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
For a Complete Language overview: https://itranslate.com/languages
Auto Renewable Subscription Terms:
* Choose from 3 subscription options:
- a monthly subscription (which comes with a 7-day free trial) for $4.99 USD;
- a 2 monthly subscription (which comes with a 7-day free trial) for $9.99 USD;
- an annual subscription for $39.99 USD.
The price corresponds to the same price segment, which are set in the "Apple's App Store Matrix" for other currencies.
* Your free trial subscription will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the free trial period.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
* You can cancel a free trial or subscription anytime by turning off auto-renewal through your iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free service.
Terms of Service:
An internet connection is required to use the app. To use the offline mode, you need to download language packs.
Introducing: iTranslate's new Visual Dictionary
Simply take a picture of any object and let us do the rest: this amazing new feature will instantly identify the object and allow you to translate the word into your desired language!
Additional new features in iTranslate 12:
- iTranslate Lens
- New Offline Languages: You can now translate offline between 32 languages.
- The all-new Phrasebook feature for iTranslate!
- Faster and simpler navigation with the all-new TabBar
- Access Emojis from within the iTranslate Keyboard
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointed with new subscription requirement
I have been using iTranslate for years. Mostly to translate Welsh / English, because it’s one of the most accurate. I also use it occasionally for French, German & Spanish due to family connections.
A good while back I decided to upgrade to iTranslate Pro, which made the experience even more fluid & I felt it was money well spent.
Today I try to use it to translate an email from a German relative, only to discover that I can’t use the German translator anymore, unless I subscribe to the monthly package.
This is such a rip off of loyal customers who have already forked out for the pro version & I am very very disappointed and to be honest, quite cross!
You have taken a successful & good value & useful app & made it unappealing to say the least. 😡
We are sorry to hear you are unhappy but the situation you are describing does not make allot of sense. You could not have lost access to a language like this. Have you tried restarting your device? Would you be able to tell us a bit more about what is happening: email@example.com
Beware Automatic monthly billing if taking their Free month
I am sure the app is wonderful but we downloaded it in August whilst on holiday in Spain. Just the regular app, but it popped up with the offer of a month free to Pro (allowing offline use) which we took up. Used the app very little and then deleted. The automatic subscription part seems only to be advised of in the small print link to terms and conditions.
I am normally very careful about what I sign up to with subscription payments etc but feel a bit hoodwinked by this one.
Why can’t these apps just be absolutely fair and transparent and send you a reminder message “Do you really want to continue with subscription going forward paying £4.99 a month?” And then you can confirm or say no if it isn’t for you.
Greetings, Apple subscriptions auto renew, this information was presented when you started a trial via the app store. Additionally the renewal date is in the app settings screen and Apple would have sent you an email with this information as well. You can cancel this via the subscription settings on your device. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store> Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen> Tap View Apple ID. You can also use the "Manage Subscriptions link in the app settings menu. A refund request would need to be submitted to Apple directly. If you need any further assistance you can contact us directly as well:firstname.lastname@example.org -iTranslate Team
iTranslate on iWatch?
I use the app a lot on my phone, and it works perfect! But when I try the app on my iWatch, It doesn’t work, it gives me a yellow triangle with a “!” saying that I should try again, I try again, but the same thing keep happening... I dunno if it’s because I have to have the Pro version or because of the Wi-Fi?? But overall it’s a really easy and (mostly) correct app to use!! (Sorry for any spelling errors, English isn’t my first language.) Thanks for taking your time to read, and PLEASE respond because I can’t find anything on the Internet....
We are sorry to hear you are having trouble but this most likely a network connection issue on your Watch. You can contact our support team for further assistance: email@example.com
- iTranslate GmbH
- 255.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, iTranslate GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- iTranslate PRO - 1 month £4.99
- iTranslate PRO - 2 months £9.99
- iTranslate Premium £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.