Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring their classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, discuss one-to-one or in groups and annotate PDF assignments.
iTunes U is also the place where anyone with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch can learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments and stay connected—all right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos and videos
• Engage every learner by including apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed their assignments, completed their work or remind them when they are due
• Use the integrated grade book to enter grades as you go and track the progress of your entire class at a glance
• Use the single-student view to offer private and individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer individual questions in one-to-one chats or start debates with the entire class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalogue to make them available everyone for free.
• See your assignments and instructor updates in one place and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class time with one-to-one discussions
• Start or join in on group discussions with the whole class
• See your graded results for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalogue of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology from educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favourite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later
• Creating courses requires iPad with iOS 8.3 or later
• Shared iPad and Managed Apple IDs requires iOS 9.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (3rd generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
What's New in Version 3.2
• iTunes U now supports Managed Apple IDs and has been optimised for Shared iPad
• Collections, courses and your content are now searchable from Spotlight Search
• Ability to search assignments anywhere within iTunes U and via Spotlight Search
• Improved experience in countries where restrictions are enabled by default
• Improved offline syncing of grades and private discussions
• Minor performance and stability improvements
Very useful app
Apart from occasional crashes this app a must have for the inquiring minds, some great educational information and lectures, well worth the bugs it might have
App crashed during recent update and is still frozen, please fix ASAP thank you
- Category: Education
- Updated: 24 March 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 41.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.