Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ITV Player on iOS lets you watch a wide selection of catch-up and live ITV content on your Apple mobile and tablet devices.
As part of our free, ad-funded catch-up service, you can watch your favourite ITV programmes for up to 30 days after broadcast over wifi or a 3G/4G mobile data network, as well as live streams of ITV and ITV2.
Please be aware that viewing content over a mobile data network may incur additional data charges. We recommend you check your allowance with your mobile supplier.
For an optional monthly subscription, ITV Player Premium gives you access to all the catch-up you enjoy in the free service with no in-video advertising. For our subscribers, we have also added access to live streams of ITV3 and ITV4.
If ITV Player Premium isn’t for you, that’s fine - you can continue to enjoy ITV Player, free and with advertising, exactly as you always have.
More about ITV Player premium
- £3.99 per month
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account once you confirm that you want to purchase
- The subscription will automatically renew each month unless Auto-Renew is turned off within your iTunes account at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- You can manage your subscriptions from your iTunes account and Auto-Renew can be turned off by going to your account settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
For further information on this please use the Menu button at the top right of the screen or read the ‘About ITV Player Premium’ FAQ.
More about ITV Player
You can watch ITV programmes that we have the rights to show on mobile, either live (ITV, ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4) or as catch-up, for up to thirty days after broadcast. We’re working hard to try and secure rights to all of our programmes and we’re keen to hear about programmes you would like to see in the future. Get in touch with our Customer Support team: email@example.com.
- Works on your iOS mobile and tablet devices – iPhone and iPad
- Catch-up content and Live streams can be viewed over 3G or WiFi
- Catch up on programmes from ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and CITV
- App is free to download with unlimited usage
- Browse recommended programmes
- Search for programmes by channel or alphabetically
- Switch channels or content while you are watching
- Navigate using portrait or landscape view
To use this app, you need a mobile phone or tablet device that runs iOS 5.0 or above and is connected to the Internet.
You must be in the UK to view our programmes. If you are in an STV or UTV region, you will only be able to view ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and CITV programmes. For more information, please see our support pages.
Message from ITV
What's New in Version 3.2
This update fixes some bugs we found and adds some behind the scenes improvements to video playback.
Cancelling premium ..
For the person who couldn't cancel here's what u need to do
The first month's payment will be charged to your iTunes account when you first take out your subscription. Your subscription will then automatically renew month-by-month on the same date in each month as you originally started your subscription, unless you turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
You can turn off auto-renewal by adjusting your iTunes account settings. If you cancel your subscription part way through a month by turning off Auto-Renew, you will still have to pay the full amount and you will still be able to watch catch-up content without in-video advertising, as well as the additional live streams, until your subscription expires.
Do not buy this app!
I bought a program called ‘Downton Abbey’ from the ITV site. I went to play it on my iPad and they asked for another £3.50 for the app to play it.
I felt that was wrong because they should have made it clear that it needed a special purchase of an app before I bought the program.
Nevertheless I bought the app and subscribed and prepared to watch the program that I had bought. Then I find out that I cannot watch the program on my iPad because they do not offer it on the iPad, even though I had paid for it and bought the app!
I cancelled my subscription immediately, as I felt angry and cheated. Then I see yet another subscription charge on my invoice from Apple.
I want this subscription stopped. I would also like it made known to the ITV app producers that I feel this is cheating people and I think Apple should investigate ITV’s trading practices.
Okay if not watching live.
The app is just as good as any catch-up service app unless you are trying to watch something live. I tried to watch the second half of ITV's coverage of Everton vs Swansea City in the F.A Cup and the app just kept buffering and could not cope, which was a major let down and I think ITV need to fix this if they are to have a five star app like when you watch live football via Sky Go or the BT Sport App. No problems there!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 13 January 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: ITV PLC
- © ITV Consumer Limited, 2011. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- ITV Player Premium£3.99