Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder - the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine. iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder. The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists - one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
The pitch follower and automatic tuning let you sing correct to a selectable scale.
You can use iVoxel in many different ways:
As a realtime vocoder talking into the microphone while playing tunes on the keyboard. The sound character of your voice can be changed in many different aspects like pitch, gender or breath noise. Use it to sing over your favorite iTunes song !
Record the analyzed spectrum of phrases and words from your own voice. Then use this voxel to play with your own voice on the keyboard or with the build in sequencer. Nearly 300 hundred prerecorded voxels are already included.
iVoxel is Audiobus compatible and can be used in the Input, Filter and Output slots in the Audiobus signal chain. The carrier signal and the vocal signal can now be fed by any Audiobus compatible Apps.
The output of your creations can be recorded to an audio file which you
can use with other Apps and programs for further processing.
• Realtime analysis/resynthesis of your voice
• 20+2 Channel vocoder
• Pitch Follower and automatic tuning correction to selectable scale
• Realtime pitch to MIDI Note converter
• Voice spectrum recorder (voxels)
• Nearly 300 prerecorded voxels included
• Play your vocoded voice live on keyboard. Drag for slides and vibrato.
• Polyphonic sequencer for notes & lyrics
• Voice optimized polyphonic synthesizer with up to 64 analog waves
• Time warping of voxels
• Gender changer
• Breath noise
• Pitch vibrato with delay
• Hi-end Reverb and Chorus/Delay effects
• Export/Import of projects and voxels
• Export of audio recordings
• Upload recordings to SoundCloud
• Copy audio recordings to Clipboard
• Virtual MIDI and Background audio
• flexible MIDI control for Gender and Vibrato
• compatible to Korg/WIST standard
• Audiobus 2 support (Input/Filter/Output) with state saving (requires iOS 7 or newer)
What's New in Version 2.9.1
- CoreMIDI problem fixed
A dabbler's delight
iVoxel can import sounds from the clipboard, and state save under AudioBus, which makes a difference. For those still unable to make a sound in AudioBus, remember to add System Audio Output (or AudioShare or a DAW) to the bottom slot. The update finally makes this a top quality app, with bags of potential for the sonic dabbler.
Like all Virsyn products I have had before, this is just the same, plain awful, just awful. Totally unworkable especially for a live situation because of the unreliability. Drop outs, sudden mass decibel white noise, recognises microphone, don't recognise microphone, no sound from midi keys, now we have sound etc etc etc all of this is the same on both my iPads (2 & 3).
Poor & gimmicky which is a shame because their (Virsyn) fx are top draw.
Good but flawed
This app would be great except I have a problem with the fact that I am unable to erase a voxel that has been recorded on the mic. There seems to be now way to delete a 'bad take' and they just pile up on the voxel list and take up precious memory on the iPad. Can anybody show me how to erase an unwanted voxel? Apart from this I think the app is really good!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 30 March 2016
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 60.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: VirSyn Software Synthesizer
- © 2016 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.