Iwo Jima was a critical point on the flight path of US bombers from their Saipan bases to their Japanese targets. The island would be a refuge for malfunctioning or damaged bombers coming or going. An obvious target for a US amphibious assault, the Japanese had reinforced the garrison and dug miles of tunnels the length and breadth of the island. Their goal was to inflict maximum casualties on the Americans to force them to reconsider the seemingly inevitable invasion of Japan. The resulting battle was brutal, even by the standards of the Pacific War.
- Expansive campaign spanning the battle of Iwo Jima from 19th Feb to 22nd Mar 1945.
- Digital re-imagining of a classic strategy board-game.
- Re-create the military strategy utilised by US forces on Iwo Jima.
- In-depth tutorial and in-game tips.
- Large Hex-based campaign map which encompasses the entire island of Iwo Jima.
- Weather system with direct implications on gameplay.
- Comprehensive information database covering key aspects of the invasion of Iwo Jima.
- Accurately re-created 3D models of the tanks, planes, battleships and bunkers involved in the WWII conflict.
- Adjustable zoom allowing classic board game mode with digitally recreated counters, or get close into the action with detailed 3D models.
Aircraft historical inaccuracies corrected.
Combat Resolution Tables added in game.
2D assets reworked.
Reserve Units tutorial added.
‘Cost of War’ displayed in results screen.
Japanese bombardment delay fixed.
Sound Effect bug fixes.
Save Game bug fixes.
Stacking bug fixed.
Unit retreating bug fixed.
Camera zoom bug fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
The save issue that I had, is working ok now, so it was down to me I believe ,not the game all works fine now, good game
One of their poorest
I've bought quite a few Hexwar games. This has to be the poorest. One scenario, poor instructions and generally poor gameplay
Avoid for now. May be worth buying if there are a bunch of scenarios
Save your money
Brain numbing and boring, save your money, this one is a real let down.
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 238.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.