Jablonski's Dictionary of Medical Acronyms and Abbreviations
By Mobile Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Medical acronyms and abbreviations offer convenience but can be confusing and difficult to decode. That makes this dictionary, with thousands of acronyms and abbreviations from all medical specialties, a must-have reference. Its alphabetical arrangement makes finding any abbreviation a snap, and a special section provides extensive coverage of symbols of all kinds. Abbreviations on the JCAHO "Do not use" list are clearly identified. This dictionary is ideal for medical transcriptionists, students, and health professionals at all stages of their careers.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language with the special ‘Daily’ feature
* "Flashcards" to give you the opportunity to use newly learnt words
What's New in Version 5.2.22
* Optimized for iOS 5
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 06 February 2013
- Version: 5.2.22
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Mobile Systems
- © 2010 Mobile Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.