JamCam Traffic Info & Live Cameras
By eXpLoDiNg Phone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JamCam allows you to view traffic camera images on your iPhone from the motorways and trunk road networks of England. It also incorporated up to the minute traffic information covering the same roads. This combination of traffic data and camera images provides a comprehensive view of the road ahead. Features include -
• Browse for camera by road and junction number.
• Camera status is regularly updated allowing you to easily see which cameras are operational.
• View a list of current traffic incidents and their distance from you.
• For each incident the nearby cameras can easily be viewed to get an accurate picture of the traffic conditions.
• Zoom into a camera image for a better look*.
• Keep a list of favourite cameras.
• View favourites on a map.
• View favourites in gallery mode, allowing you to see in just a glimpse what your selected roads are like.
• Map mode allows you to view the location of all of the cameras on a map along with your own location.
You can easily see what your journey ahead will be like. The images provided by the application are still images and are refreshed approximately every 5 minutes. The direction of the camera images may vary and will occasionally be unavailable due to technical or operational reasons.
The application only displays images for the following roads in ENGLAND & SCOTLAND : - A1(M), A14, A2, A20, A27, A3, A3(M), A30, A303, A38, A38(M), A417 / A419, A42, A64, A720, A9, A90, M1, M11, M18, M2, M20, M23, M25, M27, M3, M32, M4, M40, M42, M45, M48, M49, M5, M50, M54, M55, M56, M6, M6(T), M60, M602, M61, M62, M621, M69, M66, M74, M8, M80, M9, M90 ** PLEASE NOTE this application does not cover roads outside England and Scotland (i.e. Wales, Norther Ireland). Where a road listed spans two countries only the parts in England and Scotland will be covered.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, USE JAMCAM FOR IPHONE WHILST DRIVING.
The images are provided under license by the Highways Agency (www.highways.gov.uk) with the permission of Her Majesty’s Stationary Office. All camera images are Crown Copyright © 2016 HMSO, All Rights Reserved.
We are not responsible for the source images and as such Exploding Phone reserves the right to modify or downgrade the camera feed at any time. * This is constrained by the native resolution of the images supplied.
What's New in Version 3.2
This is the first update in a long time with some bug fixes - for now there's not much difference to see in the app.
We've also recently updated the camera database, adding almost 500 new cameras.
We're going to be making some bigger changes soon to support newer handsets native resolution and improve some elements of the app.