Build your Japanese vocabulary with the guidance of a Japanese Sensei.
Japanese Sensei is a vocabulary building application for learners of Japanese. Through structured, graded lessons and fun but challenging quizzes, learners of all levels can quickly expand their Japanese vocabulary.
This application is fully localized for English, Korean and Chinese (Simplified & Traditional) and Portuguese.
Building one's vocabulary is one of the most important and time-consuming aspects of language learning. This is why Japanese Sensei has been structured into small, bite-sized lessons so you can make quick, recognizable progress without feeling overwhelmed. Your progress will be tracked for you as you make your way through the lessons of the application, and will remember where you are in your studies, testing you only on the words you have learned, and even prioritizing words based on how well you have done on them previously.
The application features a special Review section with seven different quizzes and games to further test yourself and reinforce the words you have learned. Not only can you test yourself on vocabulary, but you can also try your hand at sentence building as well as learning how to use Japanese particles.
This application has not been developed using free dictionary data available on the web, but rather has been built using quality dictionary data produced by Jack Halpern's CJK Dictionary Institute. Halpern is the editor-in-chief of several kanji dictionaries for learners, which have become standard reference works.
Japanese Sensei comes loaded with nearly 10,000 of the most frequently used Japanese words as selected by a committee of experts on Japanese language education. What's more, each word is accompanied by example sentences, and audio for all the words and example sentences recorded by native Japanese speakers. By concentrating on the most frequent, important words, Japanese Sensei allows you to focus on exactly the vocabulary you need to learn to start speaking and reading Japanese fast.
* short, 10-word lessons
* 7 different quizzes to test and reinforce learned vocabulary
* audio recorded by native Japanese speakers for all words and example sentences
* romanized Japanese to aid beginning students not yet comfortable with kana
* furigana displayed for all Japanese words and example sentences
* searchable index to all vocabulary terms and example sentences contained in the app
Advance level for Chinese users.
Fixed a few bugs.
1) make sure no extra entry is added into the learnt list.
2) if user choose the correct answer, quickly switch to the next word in quiz mode.
3) Long Chinese sentence is cut off
4) Tag name does not allow space and non-English characters
5) false warning in the test mode while there is enough entry to test from the current test source.
Ratings and Reviews
Come on developers!! This is an expensive app, and since I brought it, I haven't received one, yes... Not even one update!!! It's shocking. At least fix the bugs!!! This is a good app, please don't abandon this app, or re-package it under a different name for money driven sake. I'm terribly disappointed to keep waiting for an update......
So far after using this app for the past week, I feel this is the best, or one of the best I came across on App store. It's fun, and motivated using J.Sensei. The audio for kanji and sentences is a winner, considering many apps don't have such a big library of audio files.
Please have a mode with kanji stroke animation, I have to leave the app every-time to check how to write a kanji in the right order. This app is so good, I don't want to use others, but I had to, just for stroke orders.
it's almost incredible, and 5 stars for sure if such stroke animation is available!!
Please update this application!! A fix to certain problems (which I mentioned in my email) would be fantastic, considering it's a very expensive app which I very much like to use daily!! Update please!!
Good idea but lacks polish
I think the developer has the right idea with this application. All Japanese learning apps should be along these lines, with tests, audio and example sentences However, there are a number of basic flaws with this application that make it unusable for me.
1. The help says that words are presented in the same order that they occur within the Japanese language. Yet 生活 (seikatsu -> livelihood) is the 15th word presented. I doubt it is really the 15th most used word in the language.
2. The application does not use quick app switching, nor does it allow copy and paste. I find it essential to be able to switch to other Japanese dictionary apps to look up more information about words that I am studying and the lack of these features essentially makes that impossible.
3. If you lookup a word using the dictionary then that word is automatically added to your tests and you have no way to remove that word. So if you look up a advanced word you will be continuously tested on it, even though you may not want to memorise it just yet.
It's got a nice, easy to use interface. Has good content, with example sentences to reinforce the "flash card" learning experience. And has a variety of modes to keep it interesting.
And no adverts or "in app purchases", which is always a plus.
- Cole Zhu Inc.
- 315.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Cole Zhu Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.