By Chris Wolfe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Featured in Apple's staff favorites!
- Reviewed in Computer Music magazine and received a 9/10!
Jasuto is the worlds first (and most powerful) modular synthesizer for the iDevices.
Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device! With the addition of a fully-featured sampler you can now record/resample/edit, and even create entirely new samples by drawing right in the app.
Jasuto uses the relative position of nodes and their connections to control the sound. So the scene not only represents the synthesis structure, but also a custom multi-touch control surface. Motion can be recorded per node giving you rich, flexible automation.
Connections can be created automatically by simply dragging nodes around, or manually. Each wire can be double-tapped to allow even more control of each connection.
Jasuto comes installed with 75+ modules as well as 200+ pre-loaded scenes and samples. Each of the modules have been hand-optimized for your device's CPU, allowing you to create extremely complex scenes.
- Anti-aliased oscillators with hard-sync, FM, PWM, PM
- Analog style filters (ap, lp, hp, bp, ladder emulation)
- Signal control (compressor, limiter, gate, follower)
- Zoomable sampler editor with several loop modes (normal, 1 shot, ping, granular)
- ADSR envelope editor
- Multipage/octave sequencer
- Tape style analog delay
- Reverb, phaser, several waveshapers
- Resample/record the current playback
- Audio copy via the pasteboard
- Incoming OSC and MIDI for notes and CC's
- Audiobus support (input, effect & output source)
- Completely compatible with iOS7
- Updated UI graphics
- Universal device and Retina support
- A shiny new manual
- Added background audio support
- Low latency audio (256 samples)
- Sample sharing through SoundCloud
- Dropbox syncing of samples/scenes
- High Fidelity (Hi-Fi) Audio
What's New in Version 1.7.0
1) Updated Audiobus
2) Fixed MIDI CC saving
3) Soloing now works properly
Smashing idea and a very capable intro to something like Audulus or Sunvox. And for the price, less than £1, you'll need your head examined if you don't get this. Even if you only use it for an hour. I used it for a few days which works out to be less than 1p an hour.
Death to the Klangers
So far all I've produced with this sounds like someone murdering the Klangers. RFM, I suppose, but it should be a bit more intuitive. Oh, and what are listed as IAP's on the App Store are actually included.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 08 December 2014
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 50.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Christopher Wolfe
- © 2014 Christopher Wolfe. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- HIFI Mode£4.99
- Space Module£0.99
- Morph module£0.99
- Detuned Module£0.99
- Dirty module£0.99
- Chorus Module£0.99