Choose an exercise: see the notes and hear them played
Play the exercise: get a score, see the notes you played and listen to your performance
Jazz ScaleHelper is the fast way to improve your playing. With actual feedback based on what you played, Jazz ScaleHelper enables you to concentrate on the aspects of your playing that will help the most.
Jazz ScaleHelper has 3 modes:
1. Play any scale: Jazz ScaleHelper determines the exercise you have played and scores your performance. Ideal for impromptu practise sessions.
2. Challenge me: Jazz ScaleHelper will ask you to play exercises from your challenge list that is based on your chosen syllabus. Jazz ScaleHelper will identify what you need to practise and make sure you get exam ready while having fun on the way. Ideal for practising a range of exercises.
3. Choose a scale: Choose the exercise you want to play and Jazz ScaleHelper listens and gives you a score. Ideal to improve a specific musical exercise.
Jazz ScaleHelper contains everything you need for most of the instruments covered by the ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall examining boards all the way from Grade 1 to Grade 8. Jazz ScaleHelper will be there for you every step of the way as you grow as a musician.
Jazz ScaleHelper allows you to create your own syllabus from the exercises it supports: major scales; dorian modes; lydian modes; lydian flat 7th modes; mixolydian modes; melodic minor scales; jazz melodic minor scales; harmonic minor scales; pentatonic major scales; pentatonic minor scales; blues scales; diminished scales; chromatic scales; whole-tone scales; phrygian modes; locrian modes; altered modes; aeolian modes; major arpeggios; minor arpeggios; augmented arpeggios; major sevenths; minor sevenths; diminished sevenths; major/minor sevenths; and minor/major sevenths. All exercises are available starting from every tonic over 1 octave, 1 twelfth, 2 octaves, 2.5 octaves and 3 octaves. There is a range of exercise lists for popular music exams available for download.
Instruments supported include Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Saxophone, Bassoon, Recorder, Trumpet, Cornet, Trombone and Horn. A full list is available at www.Jazz.ScaleHelper.com along with details of the rich feature set Jazz ScaleHelper has to offer.
At less than the price of a single music lesson the guidance that Jazz ScaleHelper provides between your lessons builds on that teaching. You can dispense with the need to review scales by playing them in your lessons and instead reuse the time you gain to learn technique and perfect your pieces.
Jazz ScaleHelper supports multiple users, keeping each user's history for each of their instruments. You can save recordings to study later or to show and play to your teacher and friends. You can also email recordings to share them with others. Have fun competing with your friends to see who can get the highest score or who can maintain the highest average.
Updated for iOS11
Ratings and Reviews
Rubbish on iPad
Just don't bother to waste your money on this. It does not work on iPad although it does on all other devices.
A complete waste of money if you want it for iPad
- Spectral Efficiency Ltd
- 7.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Spectral Efficiency Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Saxophone ABRSM G1 to G3 £0.99
- Trumpet ABRSM G1 to G3 £0.99
- Saxophone TRINITY G1 to G8 £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.