By Jim Moesman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Jimsawpuzzle is the classic jigsaw puzzle game, but designed for your iPad. It comes with 24 unique images from around New Zealand to get you started. You will never need to buy another jigsaw puzzle ever again, just load pictures from your photo library and JimsawPuzzle away on friends and family.
- Puzzles from 12 to 768 pieces
- No Adds
- Puzzle pieces snap together to form groups, just like the real thing
- Rotate puzzle pieces option
- Auto-save so you return to where you left off
- Sound effects when pieces snap together or snap into there correct position
- A preview so you don’t have to remember every single detail of an image
- Auto-solve (hey, 768 pieces is a lot of work!)
- Simple user interface
Needs some work.
The major pro with this app is the option to break up the picture into a lot of pieces, double most of the other Jigsaw apps in the store. There is a big con to this though as there is nowhere to store the pieces, choose border pieces or perhaps the top quarter and this ends up hiding the completed parts. It then becomes a 'move the piece around blindly' until it hopefully snaps not place. It turns into a game of chance rather than a puzzle. Another problem is when the pieces are spread around one piece invariably gets under the Options icon and it is quite a job to extract it. Could be a much improved app with some work and then I would move to the paid version.