By John Lewis Partnership
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free John Lewis app brings online and in-store shopping together for you, giving you access to 200,000 products while you’re on the move. With the app you can:
• Scan products in store to access further product details and ratings and reviews from other customers and our expert Partners.
• Buy from our assortment of over 200,000 products, or save items in your basket for later.
• Make a price match claim if you've found something which a high street competitor is selling at a lower price than John Lewis.
• Sign in to access your order history and other account details.
• Watch informative and inspirational videos from our expert Partners.
• Find your nearest John Lewis using your phone’s GPS to get contact details and directions.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
- Fixed issue that was preventing customers from paying with Paypal
Sign in or register to access your account where you can:
- View your order history
- View your account details
- Sign up for a my John Lewis membership card
This latest version has also improved performance of the app and fixed some annoying bugs.
Please continue to help us plan future updates by sending us your comments via the app's feedback form, or by emailing email@example.com
Warning! Read before using this app
What John Lewis don't tell you is that after you make a purchase using this app you could be subject to a "security and fraud" check and receive an email telling you that your purchase has been cancelled. Even worse, the email goes on to inform you "... However, your bank may have reserved the value of the order on our behalf. Reserved sums are usually released back into your account 72 hours after the order was placed". Which means that after your order is cancelled you can't even go elsewhere to make your purchase for 3 days because John Lewis has told your bank to hold your funds...
I used this app to buy a MacBook Pro and paid etc money to have next day delivery. My bank approved payment on my Visa card. At 7:45pm that night I was surprised to receive a "security and fraud check" phone call. They asked me to confirm my address, payment method etc. I answered all the questions correctly and was told that I would receive my order the next day. At 7:52 I received an email telling me the order was cancelled. And that my money was reserved for 72 hours meaning that I cannot place another order with John Lewis or buy the computer from any other retailer until my money is released to me.
Only one of my order items arrived. No communication from JL - I had to contact them. Eventually found out item was out of stock and I had to request a refund. Would help if there were a "my orders" option and if they didn't sell items which they don't have (which I believe is illegal).
Easier to buy from a store. I don't think I'll bother again.
John Lewis pay so much time and attention to make their stores an enjoyable place to be, I'm surprised they haven't done the same with the app.
It is infuriating! The search tool is limited and shows out of stock items, why would you ever need that?! You can't search by size or colour just newness and ratings!
Please John Lewis, update this app so it is at least logical to use.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 20 November 2014
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: John Lewis plc
- © John Lewis Partnership 2001-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.