The application comes with official approval from Internationally acclaimed Yoga Teacher John Scott and focuses on allowing you to construct a practice from the Asanas in the Ashtanga Primary Series.
The builder allows you to select :-
- the Asanas you wish to practice (Primary series order is maintained)
- the number of repetitions (for Surya Namaskara A, for example)
- the breaths in the Asana state
- wether you have full vinyasa or not (where this would occur in the Primary Series)
- estimated run time for your selections
You can also:
- set multiple Asanas at the same time
- quickly select and filter your Asana selections
- select / de-select all Asanas
The Practice Builder comes with 3 predefined Beginner Sequences as given to us directly by John and you can also add and modify up to 10 individual sequences of your own.
This Universal Application features:-
- Audio Teaching chant with John - Updated versions of the Practice and Closing Mantras with John and as call and response
- Sanskrit numbers and terms
- Access to John's online website
- Access to John's Facebook page
- Asana Flipcards
This version presents the Ashtanga Primary Series for the practitioner that is familiar with the Practice. The application is not meant as a means of learning Yoga postures though it is presented as a means for a Practitioner to hear John count them through full and abbreviated forms of the Series at their own direction.
John highly recommends you find the guidance of a qualified teacher to help with your practice
- correct App crash when App is attempting to update the UI
Ratings and Reviews
Unfortunately this app does not work at the moment. It is a great idea to build your own practice based on John’s teaching, but there is no sound and the app keeps crashing. I hope it is fixed soon as it is not useable right now.
Hi there. The no sound issue can be resolved by following the details on this page - http://johnscottyogaapps.com/home/extras/yoga-app-qa/
Can you contact us via John's Facebook page or via JohnScottYogaApps.com for more information on the crash to try and help resolve the issue here.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.