John's Background Switcher - Beautify Your Desktop
By John Conners
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
John's Background Switcher puts beautiful full-screen photos and stunning montages on your desktop. Choose the photos from your own collection on your Mac or websites like Flickr, InterfaceLIFT, Unsplash, 500px, Facebook, Instagram, Pixabay, Smugmug, Vladstudio and many more besides. You'll never know what's coming next - maybe photos from a recent holiday, landscapes from far and distant lands, pictures of small kittens or equally small dogs. If you're having a tough day, just take a look at your desktop and John's Background Switcher will get you through it!
Main features include:
• Show single photos or a variety of randomly generated beautiful montages on your desktop
• Choose photos from folders on your Mac, from iPhoto (old skool) or the new Photos app
• Rich Flickr, InterfaceLIFT, Unsplash, 500px, Facebook, Instagram, SmugMug, Pixabay, Vladstudio, Pinterest, Dropbox and OneDrive (personal) integration
• Media RSS photo feeds (so you can use a great many more photo sites)
• Multiple monitor support (show the same background all monitors, different pictures on each monitor or only on one monitor)
• Switching intervals from every 10 seconds to 7 days
• A variety of post processing effects like grayscale, sepia and desaturation
• Lots of new features in the works for future versions (I have a list as long as your arm!)
Once set up JBS quietly runs in the background changing your desktop and stays out of your way. If you don't love it, tell me what you'd like it to do from the support link and I'll add it as soon as I can! And remember, I'm a real person called John so be nice. :)
What's New in Version 2.3
This version includes OneDrive (personal) integration (yay!) and updates Dropbox integration to use their new API which means you'll need to re-authorize with Dropbox from the 'Accounts' tab (they're deprecating their old API in June so I figured I'd sort it out now ahead of time). I've also fixed a few annoying bugs (a couple of crashes and one hang when connected to a Thunderbolt display). And finally I've redesigned the app icon from the ground up! What do you mean it looks exactly the same?! Ok, I've tweaked it a little bit by spending many hours poring over pixels.
If you like JBS then please leave a nice review! However if you find a bug or have an idea to make JBS better, follow the support link and let me know so I can help you out. If you don't report problems directly to me then it makes fixing them a lot more difficult!