By Pixbits SRL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Junk Jack is a 2D sandbox game where you can explore, build your home and survive in random procedurally generated worlds full of monsters, treasures and hidden secrets!
What the press says:
"A Wonderful Free-Roam Game with an Irresistible Pixel Aesthetic"
"It has charm in spades. While it isn't the first 2D sandbox building game out there, it is a particularly attractive one, sporting crisp pixel art and gorgeous lighting effects. "
"Junk Jack is a hands-down, no questions asked must-own for any and all iOS users who love sandbox crafting games."
"Junk Jack isn't Minecraft, nor does it feel like it needs to be as its 2D world provides the same level of novel exploration fun while presenting challenges of its own to overcome; a tightly balanced free form experience that's only going to get better with time."
Join our forum (http://forum.pixbits.com) and help us to improve our game, and share your creations!
* retro style pixel art!
* beautiful sound tracks from Bright Primate
* intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything!
* dynamic day/night cycle
* never get lost with customizable signs
* advanced farming system with more than 30 different plant types
* 135+ recipes for cookable foods!
* tint cloth blocks with 15 color dyes
* underground biomes with unique graphic style and monsters.
* placeable and throwable explosives that can destroy buildings, landscapes and monsters!
* critters and enemies to fight (more than 60 different mobs!)
* a fully featured lighting system together with many different sources of light and global lighting
* 3 slots for infinite worlds that you can generate and explore, every world is different from any other!
* procedural generation which creates beautiful worlds with plants, caves, different biomes all around the world
* a double layered world which allows to customize background and foreground of your creations
* many ores and shiny gems to help your adventure
* many hidden containers full of treasures
* more than 1000 treasures!
* more than 600 crafts!
* more than 380 block types
* many elements to decorate your houses (like sofas, tables, wardrobes, paintings, statues and many others)
* an in-game discoverable book to teach you how to play and the recipes available
* shelfs to place items around just to make your buildings shine
* minimap (with a really zoomed out feature to allow you to share your creations)
* runs fine on older gen hardware
We would like to thank Notch! He developed our bigger indie brother Minecraft, without which this game would not exist.
If you need help, please contact us!
What's New in Version 1.2.4
The St. Valentine update is here!
Check out the new cool features, hidden statues, and rare chests.
This is a minor update, all our resources right now are focused towards the Junk Jack sequel we're developing.
Check out our blog for more news!
• Removed Christmas theme and mobs
• New St. Valentine bunny!
• New rare St. Valentine Chest
• New St. Valentine Bow
• New St. Valentine Arrows
• Tiny consumable St Valentine hearts can be found in the world
• New rare Spider statue
• New rare Stone Golem statue
• New rare Worm statue
• New rare Mummy Pharaoh statue
• Falling on blocks will make the correct block sound
• The inventory outline for the cactus is now correct
• It’s possible to hold on an item in a craftbook page to open its craft page (if it’s craftable)
• It’s possible to hold on an addon label in a craftbook page to open its craft page
• Player doesn’t get stuck inside blocks anymore when placing blocks on him
• Wrapped ribbon decoration can now be placed on blocks adjacent to player
• Jungle tree now makes the right sound when hit
This is alright...
It JUST gets my approval. But I think this game is so hard to do anything except build.
1. The game doesn't tell the player what the item is.
2. When it gets dark, you can't see a thing. I even struggle playing in the dark with my best sword and stuff.
3. Why on earth do you get your other stuff in another world?
4. No tutorial and you have to earn crafting recipes, WHAT?
But they are my opinions, and there are good things about this game, too. But overall, my rating is 3 stars. But that was a generous rating.
For updates, I think better controls, dark lighting is a bit more see able, and a tutorial. I also think removing items from a past world which switched onto another world would be a good update, for those who would want to start fresh.
One final note, keep going guys. You've got a great game so far.
I love this game everyday I go on it I have to check on my farm build an extension to my house (it will become a mansion soon) cook lots of food go mining enchant tools (adding gems) there's just so much to do. Some people say the controls are rubbish I think there fine other people say the crafting is bad I think it's fine. Sometimes I find a new underground biome and get exited and look for crates. In other words I think this is amazing and its a must get game IF YOUR READING THIS GET THIS APP!!! You won't regret it😄
Simpler crafting recipes
I love this app but there is a couple of things I don't like, the crafting recipes are to hard and some items acquire things that are really rare and also, I haven't figured out how to smelt things in furnaces I hate that, in minecraft you just plonk the ore in the furnace and put coal or wood under it and it starts to cook but in this I don't even know how to make ingots, please, make the crafting recipes easier and either make a tutorial on how to smelt/cook or make it the same as minecraft I hope you take my point into account.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 14 February 2013
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Pixbits SRL
- © 2012 Pixbits
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete CraftBook£0.69
- Frost Ninja Hat£0.69
- Botanist Hat£0.69
- Slime Hat£0.69
- Breeding Hat£0.69
- Santa Hat£0.69
- Robin Hood Hat£0.69
- Jazon Hat£0.69
- Sheep Hat£0.69
- Chef Hat£0.69