Just Eat: food delivery
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Want your favourite takeaway food delivered to your door? You’ve come to the right place. Download the free Just Eat app now and order from a restaurant near you in just a few simple taps.
So what tickles your pickle? From perfect pizzas to piping-hot pad thai; crispy fried chicken to classic chow mein; burgers, burritos and everything in between – we’ve got more dishes than you can shake a chopstick at. So whether you’re into Indian, pizza, Chinese, Italian or chicken dishes – your dish is our command.
• Search for top-rated takeaway restaurants near you by postcode
• Order for delivery to your door or collection – you can even pre-order before a restaurant opens
• Filter by cuisine, reviews, distance and special offers to find the perfect food to match your mood
• Pay with debit or credit card, cash, or Apple Pay
• We’ll remember both your prefered payment details and order for next time so you can reorder the same thing with the tap of a button
• Receive push notifications on your phone that let you know when your order will arrive
Download the app today and Just Eat happily ever after.
What's New in Version 26.3
“To eat well in England you should have breakfast three times a day.” So said the celebrated author W. Somerset Maugham. Considering he had the intestinal fortitude to be an ambulance driver on the Western Front during WW1 and, later, work as a spy in revolutionary Russia for the British Government, we’re not going to argue. Maugham was referring, of course, to the famed full English. First enjoyed by the gentry in the 1300s, it gained popularity with middle class Victorians in the 1800s and later, as the ingredients became more affordable, with the working class – for whom it provided a nourishing start for a hard day’s labour.
The bacon and eggs on the Just Eat breakfast plate this week include:
• Adding long delivery time warnings for popular restaurants, so you can get a more accurate idea of when the restaurant will be able to deliver your food
• Refining restaurant pre-order information to show more accurate delivery times if you place an order with a restaurant that’s not open yet
• Tweaks, fixes and other minor improvements that, like a vigorous dollop of sauce, make everything a little bit better
Love Just Eat? Please write us a review in the App Store. If there’s something we could be doing better, please let us know at email@example.com
In a previous review I wrote that if you wanted to order to collect you would be better phoning. A few versions later you can now have your log-in details remembered and order to collect without entering an address and even specify a collection time. This now beats phoning. You can order from a noisy pub or club and there should be no risk of them getting your order wrong. Would be five stars if it had proper login (like the website) synch with website, favourite meals and vendors and proper use of location services. Here's hoping. I'll be using for my takeaway collections from now on assuming that the interface with the vendors works.
You can order in advance up to the day before which is great but you cannot use the re-order button until the restaurant is open. Why not? I means if we are pre-ordering we have to go through the order building every time. Does not make sense.
Service is good, the app less so
I don’t really want to big up Uber so much but if you compare that app to this one they’re worlds apart. Once you’re past the flashy splash animation the rest of the app’s design looks like some kind of demo project. I know it’s not been out long but it’s a shame there’s no iPhone X support yet. I also find the tracking information to be really vague and often slower than what you’re originally quoted. Uber manages to give you time that’s accurate to the minute prior to you placing the order. It changes sometimes by a tiny bit here and there but it’s nothing compared to the huge dinner time shifts I’ve seen come from Just Eat. It’s a shame that considering how long this app’s been going it’s not managed to keep ahead with regard to these sorts of things.
I’ve been a user since they started and even though I never got anything during their weird point system before they disabled it, the ability to order food has become a go to part of my life when the lazy side occurs and just eat makes it easy.
They have updated the apple store app quite a lot and it has gotten better however there are things I would change.
Still a good app though, helps a lot when you don’t have a computer around.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 07 November 2017
- Version: 26.3
- Size: 150 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Just-Eat Holdings Limited
- © Just Eat Holding Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.