The Kestrel LiNK Ballistics application is the perfect companion for your LiNK enabled Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics(5700AL) or Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter (5700SL).
This application provides an easy way to create and store gun profiles and gives access the Applied Ballistics bullet library and custom drag models for transfer to your Kestrel ballistics meter. (Custom drag models available on Elite models only) Place your Kestrel in the vane mount on a tripod (sold separately) to view solutions remotely from your shooting position on your mobile device. View solutions from your Kestrel using Single Target and Multi Target modes. (Multi Target available on Elite models only)
Make sure your Kestrel unit has the latest features using the app to update firmware.
Single Target Engagement - Maximize the capability of your Kestrel by allowing it to directly measure wind speed and wind direction in a vane mount on a tripod (sold separately) while viewing continuously updating shooting solutions remotely from your shooting position.
Multi-Target Engagement - Prior to a stage, pre-compute all of your holds for up to 8 targets. (Elite model only).
Gun Profile Management - Upload, download, and manage all of your gun profiles. Full access to the Applied Ballistics G1, G7, and custom drag model (Elite model only) library of bullets is available.
Enabling Live Wind Capture
1) While in Ballistics mode, highlight Wind.
2) Press the top center (-) button to enter Wind Capture mode
3) The label will change to "W>" to indicate that the Wind Capture mode is enabled.
4) The moving 5-second average for windage and wind speed will be continually displayed on the wind line.
5) The 5-second rolling average wind measurement will be captured in Wind Speed 1 and the highest wind speed will be captured in Wind Speed 2. This allows you to accurately bracket the wind speed values as well as your shooting solution.
6) When in Wind Capture mode and connected to the application, your windage holds will automatically update on your iOS device.
- Adds 300WM and 338 Lapua to Profile Builder Wizard for Ruger 5700 units.
- Adds Kilometers per hour as a wind speed unit.
- Various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Links to my kestrel but can’t but can’t link it to a gun profile. Gave up in end
- NIELSEN-KELLERMAN CO.
- 22.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © Nielsen-Kellerman Co. - nVisti, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.